As promised, today's tag is much better than Tag Day 4! ;-) {But thanks so much for all your lovely comments on it!!}
When I first saw Tim Holtz's Tag for Day 5, I thought, "I'll just skip this one and do something else. I don't have ANY of those products!"
Turns out...I had many of them! :-)
I cut a piece of plastic from a product package, covered it in Alcohol Inks, and stamped the cool poinsettia all over it using Archival Ink.
Then I held my breath.
I've tried this technique before and it was....shall we say...not a pretty sight.
But this time, through the Magic of Sir Tim, it actually WORKED! WOOT WOOT. I blotted the Archival Ink off, then rubbed gently and voila! Poinsettias!!
I backed the plastic tag with white cardstock then started to work on the wreath.
Well, you know I can't complete a tag without doing ONE dumb thing, and the placement of the poinsettias was my one dumb thing. Notice how the lovely one is right smack dab in the center?? Yes, that's right. Where am I going to put the wreath if it covers up my lovely poinsettia??
So I made a swag, dang it.
Not quite the same as Tim's Tag, but I rather like it.
I punched a few evergreen boughs, glued them on, then painted a scrap piece of cardstock with Pewter Paint, punched a bow from that, added some little pearls and there's my tag!! =D
Supplies:
Paper: Gina K (Pure Luxury, white); Recollections (white cardblank from the trash pile); Bazzill (green cardstock)
Stamp: Stampabilites (Vintage Poinsettia)
Inks: Adirondack/Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks (Watermelon, Red Pepper, Cranberry); Archival Ink (Coffee--is it just me or should this ink pad not smell like coffee???)
ETC: Jacquard Lumiere (Pewter acrylic paint) Martha Stewart (everygreen bough punch, bow punch); Recollections (white pearls); Fiskars (1/8-inch hole punch); Tonic (Ticket/Tag Punch); Glossy Accents
Seriously, thanks for your comments on yesterday's tag. I was kind of embarrassed to post it because I was really not happy with it, but y'all were so nice to leave such sweet comments. Thank you!! =D
Off to see what Tim's got in store for us today!
~Cynthia
When I first saw Tim Holtz's Tag for Day 5, I thought, "I'll just skip this one and do something else. I don't have ANY of those products!"
Turns out...I had many of them! :-)
I cut a piece of plastic from a product package, covered it in Alcohol Inks, and stamped the cool poinsettia all over it using Archival Ink.
Then I held my breath.
I've tried this technique before and it was....shall we say...not a pretty sight.
But this time, through the Magic of Sir Tim, it actually WORKED! WOOT WOOT. I blotted the Archival Ink off, then rubbed gently and voila! Poinsettias!!
I backed the plastic tag with white cardstock then started to work on the wreath.
Well, you know I can't complete a tag without doing ONE dumb thing, and the placement of the poinsettias was my one dumb thing. Notice how the lovely one is right smack dab in the center?? Yes, that's right. Where am I going to put the wreath if it covers up my lovely poinsettia??
So I made a swag, dang it.
Not quite the same as Tim's Tag, but I rather like it.
I punched a few evergreen boughs, glued them on, then painted a scrap piece of cardstock with Pewter Paint, punched a bow from that, added some little pearls and there's my tag!! =D
Supplies:
Paper: Gina K (Pure Luxury, white); Recollections (white cardblank from the trash pile); Bazzill (green cardstock)
Stamp: Stampabilites (Vintage Poinsettia)
Inks: Adirondack/Tim Holtz Alcohol Inks (Watermelon, Red Pepper, Cranberry); Archival Ink (Coffee--is it just me or should this ink pad not smell like coffee???)
ETC: Jacquard Lumiere (Pewter acrylic paint) Martha Stewart (everygreen bough punch, bow punch); Recollections (white pearls); Fiskars (1/8-inch hole punch); Tonic (Ticket/Tag Punch); Glossy Accents
Seriously, thanks for your comments on yesterday's tag. I was kind of embarrassed to post it because I was really not happy with it, but y'all were so nice to leave such sweet comments. Thank you!! =D
Off to see what Tim's got in store for us today!
~Cynthia

3 comments:
i really like this technique, cynthia! the swag looks great, too:)
This is gorgeous!! I love these tags you are creating! I have your voucher number for PLS. Can you please email me at leanneallinson (at) hotmail (dot) co (dot) uk
Thanks heaps..x
I think your muse is guiding you. I really prefer the swag to a wreath - I am that way even when decorating my house. You are going to have such a beautiful set of tags for Christmas!!!!
Post a Comment