This little card is headed out to a friend of mine who is, sadly, suffering from mono. She's been sick for 3 weeks and is so embarrassed because, as she says, "Mono is a TEENAGER'S ILLNESS." I feel so bad for her!!
I've already sent her a Christmas/Feel Better card, but since she's still sick, I thought I would send another. I always think that knowing someone cares and is praying for you helps speed healing. ;-)
I got the idea from KingstonMama's blog. She used a cute music background stamp. I decided script would work fine.
I die cut both shapes, stamped the smaller one with the script stamp, then distressed it with ink.
I stamped the branch and added the bluebird. It's not very clear in the picture (sorry!) but the bluebird matches the blue cardstock of the larger die cut shape.
Finally, I stamped the sentiment and adhered everything in place.
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (ivory cardblank); Bazzill (ivory and blue cardstock)
Stamps: Inkadinkado (Tree set; Script #8347); KaiserCraft (Get Well set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Chipped Sapphire)
ETC: Spellbinders Nestabilities (Labels Nine); Glue Glider Pro
Well, here we are. Christmas Eve Eve. Are you ready??
~Cynthia ;-)
I've already sent her a Christmas/Feel Better card, but since she's still sick, I thought I would send another. I always think that knowing someone cares and is praying for you helps speed healing. ;-)
I got the idea from KingstonMama's blog. She used a cute music background stamp. I decided script would work fine.
I die cut both shapes, stamped the smaller one with the script stamp, then distressed it with ink.
I stamped the branch and added the bluebird. It's not very clear in the picture (sorry!) but the bluebird matches the blue cardstock of the larger die cut shape.
Finally, I stamped the sentiment and adhered everything in place.
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (ivory cardblank); Bazzill (ivory and blue cardstock)
Stamps: Inkadinkado (Tree set; Script #8347); KaiserCraft (Get Well set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Chipped Sapphire)
ETC: Spellbinders Nestabilities (Labels Nine); Glue Glider Pro
Well, here we are. Christmas Eve Eve. Are you ready??
~Cynthia ;-)

4 comments:
I hope your friend feels better - let her know that is young like a teenager (and that's why she could catch mono - granted this isn't an explanation a dr. might give). The card looks great!
yep, i'm ready! love your card,--your friend will love it, too!
Your card is adorable! And how sweet to be looking out for a sick friend - especially at this time of year.
I am still not quite ready for Christmas. I'm getting over being sick as well, though not mono thank goodness! I have one more Walmart list for early tomorrow morning.
Merry Christmas! And best wishes for 2012.
Love that little bird on the script! One of my daughters had Mono when she was 5 yrs old. It's not just a teenager's disease. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas Cynthia.
Post a Comment