I simply can't believe that Tim's 12 Tags of Christmas are over. It's just so so so sad!! ;-)
But I'm a day behind so I get to stretch out the fun for one extra day!
Here's Day 11. I think Tim was being a little easy on us after the previous days' tags. And, since I didn't have the shrinkie dink stuff, nor a melting pot for my Ultra Thick Embossing Powder, I (as Carolyn suggested on Tag Day 10) had to go all MacGyver on this tag too! (LOVE THAT, CAROLYN!!!) =D
I cut a piece of glossy cardstock, cutting off the top corners and punching a hole. Then I brushed the tag with various blue Distress Inks. I flicked water on it to create snowflake shadows. I'm not sure you can see them in the photo, but in real life they're quite visible.
I stamped the sentiment and the Santa postage on another piece of glossy cardstock. I used more Distress Ink to color them, leaving Santa's face, fur trim and beard white.
For the holly leaves, I stamped the image onto a piece of plastic that Tim's ruler came in instead of using the shrinkie dink stuff. Then I used Alcohol Inks to color the pieces. I brushed Snow Cap Acrylic paint on the back side. As Tim had shown on his tag, putting the white paint on really causes the Alcohol Ink colors to pop instead of fading into the tag color. I cut the leaves and berries out and adhered them to the tag using Glossy Accents.
I then adhered the sentiment and postage pieces.
Very quick and easy, with a really cool retro, kind of vintage feel.
See? I told you Tim let us off easy on this one!! ;-)
Supplies:
Paper: Glossy Cardstock (unknown source)
Stamps: Inkadinkado (Santa postage, #95630); We R Memory Keepers (Merry Christmas set--sentiment and holly leaves)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Iced Spruce, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky, Fired Brick, Peeled Paint)
Colorants: Adirondack Alcohol Ink (Pesto, Cranberry); Adirondack (Snow Cap Acrylic Dabber)
ETC: Tonic (Ticket/Tag Punch); Fiskars (1/8-inch hole punch); Ranger (Glossy Accents); Glue Glider Pro
Wow. I think that's the shortest list of supplies I've ever used on one of Tim's Tags!! ;-) I'll be back tomorrow with Tag #12.
That hurt to type. ;-)
Thanks for stopping by today!!!
~Cynthia
But I'm a day behind so I get to stretch out the fun for one extra day!
Here's Day 11. I think Tim was being a little easy on us after the previous days' tags. And, since I didn't have the shrinkie dink stuff, nor a melting pot for my Ultra Thick Embossing Powder, I (as Carolyn suggested on Tag Day 10) had to go all MacGyver on this tag too! (LOVE THAT, CAROLYN!!!) =D
I cut a piece of glossy cardstock, cutting off the top corners and punching a hole. Then I brushed the tag with various blue Distress Inks. I flicked water on it to create snowflake shadows. I'm not sure you can see them in the photo, but in real life they're quite visible.
I stamped the sentiment and the Santa postage on another piece of glossy cardstock. I used more Distress Ink to color them, leaving Santa's face, fur trim and beard white.
For the holly leaves, I stamped the image onto a piece of plastic that Tim's ruler came in instead of using the shrinkie dink stuff. Then I used Alcohol Inks to color the pieces. I brushed Snow Cap Acrylic paint on the back side. As Tim had shown on his tag, putting the white paint on really causes the Alcohol Ink colors to pop instead of fading into the tag color. I cut the leaves and berries out and adhered them to the tag using Glossy Accents.
I then adhered the sentiment and postage pieces.
Very quick and easy, with a really cool retro, kind of vintage feel.
See? I told you Tim let us off easy on this one!! ;-)
Supplies:
Paper: Glossy Cardstock (unknown source)
Stamps: Inkadinkado (Santa postage, #95630); We R Memory Keepers (Merry Christmas set--sentiment and holly leaves)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Iced Spruce, Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky, Fired Brick, Peeled Paint)
Colorants: Adirondack Alcohol Ink (Pesto, Cranberry); Adirondack (Snow Cap Acrylic Dabber)
ETC: Tonic (Ticket/Tag Punch); Fiskars (1/8-inch hole punch); Ranger (Glossy Accents); Glue Glider Pro
Wow. I think that's the shortest list of supplies I've ever used on one of Tim's Tags!! ;-) I'll be back tomorrow with Tag #12.
That hurt to type. ;-)
Thanks for stopping by today!!!
~Cynthia

2 comments:
you've gotten to do so many cool things with these tags--i understand why you are sad they are done. but there is always next year:) awesome tag today, cynthia!
The plastic you used looks just like his shrinky stuff!!!!! That is faster than heating up a melting pot too!
Post a Comment