Thursday, December 8, 2011

Tim's Tag, Day 7

Tim's Tag, Day 7 by HikerCynthia
Tim's Tag, Day 7, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
So today's tag didn't turn out anything like Tim Holtz's Day 7 Tag, but you know what? I kinda like the vintage-y goodness going on with this one! :-)

I started with a snippet of BoBunny paper, distressed it up (Wrinkle Free Distress Technique and paper distresser), and ghost stamped it a bit to make the tag.

Then I grabbed a piece of the truly awesome Glassine Paper and added alcohol inks to make this awesome green-gilded goodness.

I made the "holly" leaves by die cutting oak leaves and trimming the lobes into little points so they looked more like holly leaves.

OK, if you kinda squint hard you can see what I'm talking about. Maybe?

I really did try to make branches, but I'm not a very good branch cutter. ;-) I cut some Grungepaper into branch shapes, painted them gold, brushed them with Snow Cap Dapper and added a bit of Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles. (Oddly, the Stickles turned a rather odd yellow immediately, but have since calmed down into a lovely off-white color. Antique snow?)

I punched the berries with a hole punch, then covered them with Rock Candy Stickles too. I dyed a bit of ribbon with Distress Stain and layered/adhered everything on the tag.

The little name plate was a stroke of genius. Sure...not MY genius, but it counts. Susan Raihala over on Simplicity didn't have a corner rounder so she used pinking shears to cut the corners off of her cards. My plate was way too small to fit into my Ticket/Tag punch, so I grabbed my pinking shears and made little cuts. And booya! I've got a ticket! Too cool, eh? (Thanks, Susan!!)

I stamped the sentiment in VersaMark and used black embossing powder, then distressed the name plate too.

And while I have been punching holes in the tops of my tags, the little December Daily album pockets they fit in don't have enough room to add ribbons and baubles and such like Tim has been doing. It's cool. I rather like the less-is-more idea on mine. :-)


Supplies:
Paper: BoBunny (Tan Dots, I think); Bazzill (red and kraft cardstock); Tim Holtz Idea-ology (Glassine Paper and Grungepaper)
Stamps: JustRite Stamps (Christmas Mini Sentiment set); Inkadinkado (#8347 script background); Rubber Stampede (Crackled background)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Antique Linen, Vintage Photo, Pumice Stone, Frayed Burlap, Brushed Corduroy); Ranger/Adirondack Alcohol Ink (Lettuce, Meadow, Pesto, Gold Mixative); Tim Holtz Distress Stain (Forest Moss); VersaMark
ETC: Adirondack (Snow Cap Dabber); Plaid (Metalic Gold acrylic paint); Ribbon (The Ribbon Boutique); Cuttlebug (Leaf die cut); Fiskars (1/8-inch hole punch, Pinking Paper Edgers); Walmart (1/4-inch hole punch); Tonic (Ticket/Tag Punch); Tim Holtz Distress Stickles (Clear Rock Candy); Black embossing powder (unknown source); Glossy Accents; 3D Dots; Memory Makers (paper distresser)


I can't believe that we're already half-way through with Tim's Tags! *sniff* I'm going to miss creating them! And I've really had so much fun visiting other blogs to see other crafters' creations! Have you noticed the *tons* of Russian and Ukrainian crafters playing along?? Tim's Tags are UNIVERSAL!! =D



~Cynthia

2 comments:

Carolyn Dube said...

If you hadn't told me about the leaves I never would have thought they were anything other than holly leaves. The subtly of the tag base adds a wonderful touch!

farmhouse-story said...

love it! and the tip with the pinking shears--genius:)!