Good Golly, Miss Molly, but I loved Tim's Tag for Day 10!! =D
I had such fun trying to figure out how to mimic his Tag without having any of the toys he used!!
But I prevailed! =D
I cut a tag from kraft cardstock, nipped the edges with the Ticket/Tag Punch then covered it with a page from an old hymnbook--"Hark, The Herald Angels Sing" to be exact! I slathered it with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink and sprayed it with Smooch Spray in Gold Glow. I distressed the edges with a paper distresser and more Brushed Corduroy.
I stamped the pine boughs in Forest Moss Distress Ink, then covered them in clear embossing powder and heated til shiny.
I made the banner by using another page from the hymnbook, distressing it with Brushed Corduroy and brushing it with Snow Cap Dabber.
The metal JOY letters, which came out SO cool, were dabbed with various brown Alcohol Inks. (They look almost like tortoise shell.) I adhered the banner, glued on the letters and tucked a few evergreen sprigs under the banner for a bit of color.
So the ornaments, yeah? I don't have the sticky metal foil stuff Tim has. And for a previous tag (metal embossing) I had used TenSecond Studio's sheet metal, but I worried that the glue I would have to use would mess up the shiny/mercury look.
So I pondered.
And then it hit me.
I DO have sticky metal TAPE!! I stole a roll of heat duct-type reflective metal tape from my Dad. Shhhhh! Don't tell him I'm using it for craft purposes! *wink, wink*
This worked PERFECTLY. I used the packing tape transfer method Tim used for the Santa images. Then stuck them to a piece of the metal tape and then glued them to the Fragments.
I know they look pretty flat in the picture, but in real life they do have that vintage mercury glass ornament look. Pretty cool!! I threaded them with a bit of leftover twine, used Glue Dots to adhere them and poked some brads through the twine into the tag to make the twine stable.
Supplies:
Paper: Triumphant Service Songs (hymnbook page); Bazzill (kraft and green cardstock); Graphic 45 (Christmas Past Collection--Christmas Wishes)
Stamp: Heartfelt Creations (Holly Berry Fill set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Brushed Corduroy, Forest Moss)
Colorants: Adirondack (Snow Cap acrylic dabber); Adirondack Alcohol Inks (Caramel and Espresso); Smooch Spray (Gold Glow)
Adhesives: Tyco Adhesives (Nashua Tape--metal duct tape); Ranger (Glossy Accents); Glue Dots; Office Depot (packing tape); Zig Two-way Glue Pen; Glue Glider Pro
ETC: Tim Holtz Idea-ology (Fragments); clear embossing powder (unknown source); Making Memories (paper distresser and Alphabet Charms); Martha Stewart (evergreen bough punch); Tonic (Ticket/Tag Punch); The Paper Studio (brads); twine (stash)
I'll post Day 11's Tag tomorrow. I haven't looked at Tim's Day 12 Tag yet. I feel sad that this little creative adventure is almost over. They do kind of take me all day to complete because I have to find time in between taking care of my Mom. Totally helping me keep my sanity! ;-)
Thanks for all your sweet and hilarious comments...which also help in the sanity department!! ;-)
~Cynthia
I had such fun trying to figure out how to mimic his Tag without having any of the toys he used!!
But I prevailed! =D
I cut a tag from kraft cardstock, nipped the edges with the Ticket/Tag Punch then covered it with a page from an old hymnbook--"Hark, The Herald Angels Sing" to be exact! I slathered it with Brushed Corduroy Distress Ink and sprayed it with Smooch Spray in Gold Glow. I distressed the edges with a paper distresser and more Brushed Corduroy.
I stamped the pine boughs in Forest Moss Distress Ink, then covered them in clear embossing powder and heated til shiny.
I made the banner by using another page from the hymnbook, distressing it with Brushed Corduroy and brushing it with Snow Cap Dabber.
The metal JOY letters, which came out SO cool, were dabbed with various brown Alcohol Inks. (They look almost like tortoise shell.) I adhered the banner, glued on the letters and tucked a few evergreen sprigs under the banner for a bit of color.
So the ornaments, yeah? I don't have the sticky metal foil stuff Tim has. And for a previous tag (metal embossing) I had used TenSecond Studio's sheet metal, but I worried that the glue I would have to use would mess up the shiny/mercury look.
So I pondered.
And then it hit me.
I DO have sticky metal TAPE!! I stole a roll of heat duct-type reflective metal tape from my Dad. Shhhhh! Don't tell him I'm using it for craft purposes! *wink, wink*
This worked PERFECTLY. I used the packing tape transfer method Tim used for the Santa images. Then stuck them to a piece of the metal tape and then glued them to the Fragments.
I know they look pretty flat in the picture, but in real life they do have that vintage mercury glass ornament look. Pretty cool!! I threaded them with a bit of leftover twine, used Glue Dots to adhere them and poked some brads through the twine into the tag to make the twine stable.
Supplies:
Paper: Triumphant Service Songs (hymnbook page); Bazzill (kraft and green cardstock); Graphic 45 (Christmas Past Collection--Christmas Wishes)
Stamp: Heartfelt Creations (Holly Berry Fill set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Brushed Corduroy, Forest Moss)
Colorants: Adirondack (Snow Cap acrylic dabber); Adirondack Alcohol Inks (Caramel and Espresso); Smooch Spray (Gold Glow)
Adhesives: Tyco Adhesives (Nashua Tape--metal duct tape); Ranger (Glossy Accents); Glue Dots; Office Depot (packing tape); Zig Two-way Glue Pen; Glue Glider Pro
ETC: Tim Holtz Idea-ology (Fragments); clear embossing powder (unknown source); Making Memories (paper distresser and Alphabet Charms); Martha Stewart (evergreen bough punch); Tonic (Ticket/Tag Punch); The Paper Studio (brads); twine (stash)
I'll post Day 11's Tag tomorrow. I haven't looked at Tim's Day 12 Tag yet. I feel sad that this little creative adventure is almost over. They do kind of take me all day to complete because I have to find time in between taking care of my Mom. Totally helping me keep my sanity! ;-)
Thanks for all your sweet and hilarious comments...which also help in the sanity department!! ;-)
~Cynthia

2 comments:
i really love how you did the santas, cynthia! this is an awesome tag! hope your mom is doing well:)
This is like having MacGyver do a tag. Tim showed you his way and then you have to search for what would work (even from the garage!). Really like the Santa mercury ornaments you created!
Post a Comment