**Second post of the day. Scroll down for Tim's Tag, Day 3 post.**
Here's my mini version of Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas, Day 4.
I cut an actual manilla tag down to a 2x4 size for this one. I did the Wrinkle-free Distress Technique using Distress Stains and Ink (Picket Fence Stain, Broken China Stain, Weathered Wood Ink.)
I stamped a swirl in the upper right corner using Picket Fence Stain, but all the layers I added sort of washed it out. But you can see the snowflakes stamped in Weathered Wood very well.
I also brushed the edges with Iced Spruce. I love the sort of shadowy effect that gives the card, versus a vintage distressed look that a brown ink would.
I die cut the ornament from Grunge Paper, painted it with Snow Cap paint, then drowned it in Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint. After that dried, I brushed Distress Stain in Broken China and Stormy Sky over it to bring out the crackles. ;-)
The numbers are die cuts, painted with gold acrylic paint and covered in Rock Candy.
The bow was punched from paper I brushed with Weathered Wood Ink and was "painted" with Glimmer Mist.
The button was punched using a 3/4-inch round punch, then dabbed with Distress Stains in Black Soot, Vintage Photo, and Frayed Burlap. I punched the holes with a 1/4-inch hole punch. I covered it in Glossy Accents and pulled a bit of ribbon through.
I dragged a bit of twine through a puddle of Weathered Wood Ink and then attached everything to the tag.
OK, this is probably my least favorite tag so far. I see many things I should have done differently...but I'm totally learning here, which is part of the process....right?? ;-)
Supplies:
Paper: Office supply tag; Tim Holtz Idea-ology (Grunge Paper)
Stamps: Autumn Leaves (Swirls V:I); StampCraft (Single Snowflake)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Weathered Wood, Iced Spruce); Distress Stain (Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo, Black Soot, Broken China, Stormy Sky); Distress Crackle Paint (Clear Rock Candy)
ETC: QuicKutz (Ornament die cut); Cuttlebug (Harmony die cut set); Martha Steward (ribbon punch); Marvy (3/4-inch punch); Plaid (Metallic Gold acrylic paint); Fiskars (1/16-inch hole punch); Tattered Angels (Glimmer Mist in Dazzling Diamonds); Adirondack (Snow Cap Dabber Paint); stash (twine); The Ribbon Boutique (sheer ribbon); Glossy Accents; Glue Dots; Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
I promise tomorrow's tag will be better! =D This has been such fun for me-- a real stretch sometimes. And it's also stretching my creativity/ingenuity coming up with replacements for Tim's toys that I don't own.
It's also kinda keeping me sane here. ;-)
~Cynthia
Here's my mini version of Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas, Day 4.
I cut an actual manilla tag down to a 2x4 size for this one. I did the Wrinkle-free Distress Technique using Distress Stains and Ink (Picket Fence Stain, Broken China Stain, Weathered Wood Ink.)
I stamped a swirl in the upper right corner using Picket Fence Stain, but all the layers I added sort of washed it out. But you can see the snowflakes stamped in Weathered Wood very well.
I also brushed the edges with Iced Spruce. I love the sort of shadowy effect that gives the card, versus a vintage distressed look that a brown ink would.
I die cut the ornament from Grunge Paper, painted it with Snow Cap paint, then drowned it in Clear Rock Candy Distress Crackle Paint. After that dried, I brushed Distress Stain in Broken China and Stormy Sky over it to bring out the crackles. ;-)
The numbers are die cuts, painted with gold acrylic paint and covered in Rock Candy.
The bow was punched from paper I brushed with Weathered Wood Ink and was "painted" with Glimmer Mist.
The button was punched using a 3/4-inch round punch, then dabbed with Distress Stains in Black Soot, Vintage Photo, and Frayed Burlap. I punched the holes with a 1/4-inch hole punch. I covered it in Glossy Accents and pulled a bit of ribbon through.
I dragged a bit of twine through a puddle of Weathered Wood Ink and then attached everything to the tag.
OK, this is probably my least favorite tag so far. I see many things I should have done differently...but I'm totally learning here, which is part of the process....right?? ;-)
Supplies:
Paper: Office supply tag; Tim Holtz Idea-ology (Grunge Paper)
Stamps: Autumn Leaves (Swirls V:I); StampCraft (Single Snowflake)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Weathered Wood, Iced Spruce); Distress Stain (Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo, Black Soot, Broken China, Stormy Sky); Distress Crackle Paint (Clear Rock Candy)
ETC: QuicKutz (Ornament die cut); Cuttlebug (Harmony die cut set); Martha Steward (ribbon punch); Marvy (3/4-inch punch); Plaid (Metallic Gold acrylic paint); Fiskars (1/16-inch hole punch); Tattered Angels (Glimmer Mist in Dazzling Diamonds); Adirondack (Snow Cap Dabber Paint); stash (twine); The Ribbon Boutique (sheer ribbon); Glossy Accents; Glue Dots; Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive
I promise tomorrow's tag will be better! =D This has been such fun for me-- a real stretch sometimes. And it's also stretching my creativity/ingenuity coming up with replacements for Tim's toys that I don't own.
It's also kinda keeping me sane here. ;-)
~Cynthia

5 comments:
i think you are being too hard on yourself. i think this tag is awesome!
Hi Cynthia
This is fabulous!!
I love the background work of your tag very much .. .. very magical!!
Love Jules xx
Congrats Cynthia!! You are a winner on my blog for the PLS blog hop!! Yay!!
Leanne..x
congrats, cynthia, on your win!! so fun to win! don't count this tag out, i think the bkgd effect you've created in very pretty and festive!
I love reading about your experimentation and fun! That fun shows in your tag - you may not love it but I do!
Post a Comment