Hey, Tim Holtz! Thanks for an easy Tag on Day 9!!
Well, that's what it looked like on HIS page! Ha ha!! =D
I really liked his candle/candelabra look, but I had no die cuts or stamps that came close. Sooooooo......I drew them on Grungepaper and cut them out.
If I do say so myself, my candle is da bomb. ;-)
To begin, I cut down a manilla tag to a 2x4 size and cut the corners with a punch.
I followed Tim's recipe for double embossed rusty tag um stuff. I stamped the pine branches, embossed with clear powder. Distressed the whole tag, embossed with clear powder. Jammed Distress Ink into every nook and cranny, thought it was pretty cool.
I cut out the candle and candelabra part and painted them with acrylic paint. I glopped paint heavily on the stick to mimic melted wax. I brushed Vintage Photo Distress Ink everywhere, added Clear Rock Candy Stickles to the flame and Glossy Accents to the candle stick.
I stamped the holly leaves in Black Soot on green cardstock and embossed with clear powder. Also in my humble opinion: Those leaves rock.
I added rhinestones for the berries.
I die cut JOY from Grungepaper, painted the letters black, glued them down with Glossy Accents and then covered them with more Glossy Accents. I think you can see from the photo that I got a bit carried away with the Glossy Accents. Have I used the words Glossy and Accents enough in this paragraph?
And that was IT. Because I don't have too much room for ribbons and things, I just left the berries and holly leaves as is and didn't add more stuff like Tim did. :-)
Supplies:
Paper: Tim Holtz/Idea-ology (Grungepaper); Bazzill (green cardstock); manilla tag
Stamp: Recollections (holly stamp); Heartfelt Creations (Holly Berry Filler set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Festive Berries, Evergreen Bough, Vintage Photo, Black Soot, Walnut Stain)
Paints: Plaid/Apple Barrel (Black); ColorTraditions (Warm White); Craftsmart (Mustard Yellow)
ETC: KaiserCraft (red Rhinestones); Tonic (Ticket/Tag Punch); Cuttlebug (Harmony die cut letters); Ranger (Glossy Accents and Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles); clear embossing powder (source unknown)
Only three Tim Tags to go. I vow to relish every minute! =D
~Cynthia
PS: Jules...I'm putting the tags in my December Daily album which has little 2X4 pockets, like ATC or baseball card pockets.
PPS: Carolyn...Your Steampunk gnome tag idea had me rolling on the floor in laughter!!!! If you only knew what my trial Steampunk gnome experience was like.................. ;-)
Well, that's what it looked like on HIS page! Ha ha!! =D
I really liked his candle/candelabra look, but I had no die cuts or stamps that came close. Sooooooo......I drew them on Grungepaper and cut them out.
If I do say so myself, my candle is da bomb. ;-)
To begin, I cut down a manilla tag to a 2x4 size and cut the corners with a punch.
I followed Tim's recipe for double embossed rusty tag um stuff. I stamped the pine branches, embossed with clear powder. Distressed the whole tag, embossed with clear powder. Jammed Distress Ink into every nook and cranny, thought it was pretty cool.
I cut out the candle and candelabra part and painted them with acrylic paint. I glopped paint heavily on the stick to mimic melted wax. I brushed Vintage Photo Distress Ink everywhere, added Clear Rock Candy Stickles to the flame and Glossy Accents to the candle stick.
I stamped the holly leaves in Black Soot on green cardstock and embossed with clear powder. Also in my humble opinion: Those leaves rock.
I added rhinestones for the berries.
I die cut JOY from Grungepaper, painted the letters black, glued them down with Glossy Accents and then covered them with more Glossy Accents. I think you can see from the photo that I got a bit carried away with the Glossy Accents. Have I used the words Glossy and Accents enough in this paragraph?
And that was IT. Because I don't have too much room for ribbons and things, I just left the berries and holly leaves as is and didn't add more stuff like Tim did. :-)
Supplies:
Paper: Tim Holtz/Idea-ology (Grungepaper); Bazzill (green cardstock); manilla tag
Stamp: Recollections (holly stamp); Heartfelt Creations (Holly Berry Filler set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Festive Berries, Evergreen Bough, Vintage Photo, Black Soot, Walnut Stain)
Paints: Plaid/Apple Barrel (Black); ColorTraditions (Warm White); Craftsmart (Mustard Yellow)
ETC: KaiserCraft (red Rhinestones); Tonic (Ticket/Tag Punch); Cuttlebug (Harmony die cut letters); Ranger (Glossy Accents and Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles); clear embossing powder (source unknown)
Only three Tim Tags to go. I vow to relish every minute! =D
~Cynthia
PS: Jules...I'm putting the tags in my December Daily album which has little 2X4 pockets, like ATC or baseball card pockets.
PPS: Carolyn...Your Steampunk gnome tag idea had me rolling on the floor in laughter!!!! If you only knew what my trial Steampunk gnome experience was like.................. ;-)

2 comments:
Your candle rocks - I thought it was die cut until I read your post. Love the joy- so delicate and classy!!!!
yep, your candle is da bomb! great job! the whole tag scream xmas:)
Post a Comment