Friday, December 2, 2011

Tim's Mini Tag Day 1

Tim Mini Tag Day 1 by HikerCynthia
Tim Mini Tag Day 1, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
OK. Don't laugh.

One of the suggestions I found whilst roaming the internet for December Daily ideas was to play along with Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas.

I've never played along because...well...Sir Tim is awesome and I'm not. BUT, I thought...why not??

And so I did.

This is my "mini" take on his December 1st tag. I will be making mini sizes because I have little 2x4 pockets in my Dec Daily album and I thought it would be cute to tuck those in every day.

And in my exuberance, I made many mistakes on this first tag.

Like...I embossed the wrong side of the cardstock. So I wasn't able to sand the raised parts to get to the colored part. Sheesh.

But I kinda like the result. I used Distress Stain on the grungeboard letters, Distress Stickles on the leaves, and Distress Ink on the music paper banner.

It's kind of like those radio stations that play All Christmas Music All the Time.

My tag is All Tim Holtz Stuff All the Time.

And I've got 11 more days to improve. Yay. ;-)



Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (all green cardstock); Core'dinations (White Wash--Watering Can); stash music paper
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Brushed Corduroy); Distress Stain (Aged Mahogany)
ETC: Punch Bunch (Daisy punches); Sizzix (Sizzlits--Little Leaves) Cuttlebug (Winter Bundle--Snowflakes embossing folder); Unknown white embossing powder; Tim Holtz Ideology (Grungeboard mini letters); Ranger/Tim Holtz (Clear Rock Candy Distress Stickles); Liquid Pearls (White Opal); Tonic (Ticket/Tag Punch); Walmart (1/4 inch hole punch--I think it's Walmart; it's old.)
Glue: Scotch Quick Dry


Whoah. I had no idea I had put that much stuff into a tiny tag. :-) I'm off to see what Sir Tim's got going on this morning.

Thanks for stopping by and for leaving comments. I appreciate them all!!


~Cynthia

PS: My mom should be home from the hospital later today. What was supposed to be a 2-hour surgery with a 23-hour stay turned into a 4-day drama-filled circus. I hope the worst is behind her and we can return to some sort of normal routine. :-)

2 comments:

Carolyn Dube said...

I love seeing what Tim makes for his 12 tags. Each year I think about playing along but for some reason I don't. Kudos to you for doing it!!!!I think your tag rocks - and I would never have known about any imperfections. Can't wait to see your next one!

farmhouse-story said...

sorry about the circus--you poor
mom:( hope things go better. your tiny tag is awesome--no need for improvement:)