I was hanging out on Carolyn's blog, A Colorful Journey, and she was talking about relearning a lesson about "not stopping too soon."
And I read her post and thought, yes, I've learned that lesson a few times myself. Sadly, I often forget to apply said lesson.
This card is a prime example.
I started out by stamping half the flower--the sentiment--and the other half of the flower in a line like that across the cardblank...a la Susan Raihala.
It came out ridiculously uneven. Hated it. Cut the front of the cardblank off. Tried again.
I stamped one flower and one stem on the leftover piece of cardblank.
It looked stupid. Then I noticed I had accidentally tapped the stem on the bottom and now I had random green lines.
Kinda looked like grass.
So since I was already unhappy with it, I just kept right on going. I stamped short stems and long stems. I stamped second generation stems. I stamped more flowers. I stamped a sentiment.
Then I cut the edges of the panel to make it smaller on all sides, matted it on blue cardstock and adhered it to another white cardblank.
And while I'm not excited that the sentiment seems to be sprouting from a stem....overall, it's not so bad. I might even go back and add a bit of Distress Ink shading along the bottom. What do you think??
Thanks, Carolyn, for sharing the lesson. Isn't it fun how we all help each other out? =D
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank times two); Bazzill (blue cardstock)
Stamps: Stampin Up (For All You Do set); Hero Arts (Birthday Messages set)
Inks: Tim Holtz's Distress Ink (Forest Moss, Chipped Sapphire)
ETC: Glue Glider Pro
Finally, I'm all caught up, mailed, sent, made, wrapped and done! It feels weird not to have anything Christmasy to do. ;-)
~Cynthia
And I read her post and thought, yes, I've learned that lesson a few times myself. Sadly, I often forget to apply said lesson.
This card is a prime example.
I started out by stamping half the flower--the sentiment--and the other half of the flower in a line like that across the cardblank...a la Susan Raihala.
It came out ridiculously uneven. Hated it. Cut the front of the cardblank off. Tried again.
I stamped one flower and one stem on the leftover piece of cardblank.
It looked stupid. Then I noticed I had accidentally tapped the stem on the bottom and now I had random green lines.
Kinda looked like grass.
So since I was already unhappy with it, I just kept right on going. I stamped short stems and long stems. I stamped second generation stems. I stamped more flowers. I stamped a sentiment.
Then I cut the edges of the panel to make it smaller on all sides, matted it on blue cardstock and adhered it to another white cardblank.
And while I'm not excited that the sentiment seems to be sprouting from a stem....overall, it's not so bad. I might even go back and add a bit of Distress Ink shading along the bottom. What do you think??
Thanks, Carolyn, for sharing the lesson. Isn't it fun how we all help each other out? =D
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank times two); Bazzill (blue cardstock)
Stamps: Stampin Up (For All You Do set); Hero Arts (Birthday Messages set)
Inks: Tim Holtz's Distress Ink (Forest Moss, Chipped Sapphire)
ETC: Glue Glider Pro
Finally, I'm all caught up, mailed, sent, made, wrapped and done! It feels weird not to have anything Christmasy to do. ;-)
~Cynthia

2 comments:
very, very cute card--i love the techique, but, forget to use it:)
Don't ya just love it when you can salvage a beautiful creation out of something you want to toss? This garden is so pretty and I kinda like the sentiment coming off the stem. I still need to get out and get something that last present and finish wrapping as well as prep for dinner tomorrow. Busy day!
Post a Comment