This stamp is one of my all-time favorites. I love the swirls and the huge, powerful polar bear making his way through the blinding snow. I love that there's movement too.
I stamped him using Chipped Sapphire ink, layered it on a dark blue piece of cardstock, then layered that on a piece of a cardblank left over from a mistake I made.
Yes, well. I didn't quite get the sentiment inked up all the way. So I just cut the back of that cardblank off and used it as a layer on *this* card.
Before I adhered it to the new cardblank, I ran the edges along the Chipped Sapphire Ink pad to create a shadow effect and to make that layer stand out on the white cardblank.
And this time I really made sure I had the sentiment all inky before stamping! =D
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblanks); Bazzill (blue cardstock)
Stamps: JustRite (Christmas Mini Sentiments set); Inkadinkado (polar bear #99434)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Chipped Sapphire)
ETC: Glue Glider Pro
I see that Tim Holtz has started his 12 Tags of Christmas and Ali Edwards has started her December Daily. Christmas is coming!! The first Christmas card showed up on Friday. Guess I'd better start getting them mailed out. ;-)
~Cynthia
I stamped him using Chipped Sapphire ink, layered it on a dark blue piece of cardstock, then layered that on a piece of a cardblank left over from a mistake I made.
Yes, well. I didn't quite get the sentiment inked up all the way. So I just cut the back of that cardblank off and used it as a layer on *this* card.
Before I adhered it to the new cardblank, I ran the edges along the Chipped Sapphire Ink pad to create a shadow effect and to make that layer stand out on the white cardblank.
And this time I really made sure I had the sentiment all inky before stamping! =D
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblanks); Bazzill (blue cardstock)
Stamps: JustRite (Christmas Mini Sentiments set); Inkadinkado (polar bear #99434)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Chipped Sapphire)
ETC: Glue Glider Pro
I see that Tim Holtz has started his 12 Tags of Christmas and Ali Edwards has started her December Daily. Christmas is coming!! The first Christmas card showed up on Friday. Guess I'd better start getting them mailed out. ;-)
~Cynthia

5 comments:
lovely! love the swirls, like you said- adds motion!
I agree with you about this stamp! The movement is fab!
Hi Cynthia
Wow you have been "Christmas busy"!!
I can see why you love this image .. .. it is gorgeous .. .. and I love what you have done with it.
Hope all is good with you.
Love Jules xx
I love the movement in this card too! How nice that you could had that wonderful sentiment already stamped!
love this, cynthia! i wondered if you saw tim's tags:)
Post a Comment