Thursday, December 15, 2011

Noel Postage

Noel Postage by HikerCynthia
Noel Postage, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
I'm back to Christmas cards now. Which really feels funny because I'm sitting here with doors and windows open--it's 65 degrees. Not very Christmasy, is it?? ;-)

This is a super simple card, based loosely on a card Susan Raihala made some time ago.

I punched two different sizes of daisies from red cardstock, stacked them and dotted the center with a bit of Liquid Pearls.

Then I stamped the NOEL postage, adhered the poinsettia and I was done! The only thing that took up much time was waiting for the Liquid Pearls to dry! Great for a last minute card. :-)


Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (red cardstock); Recollections (white cardblank)
Stamp: Inkadinkado (#91470, NOEL postage cancellation)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Evergreen Bough)
ETC: Punch Bunch (daisy punches); Liquid Pearls (White Opal); Zig Two-way Glue Pen


I spent most of yesterday working on crafts for Christmas gifts. Have you been to the One Lucky Day blogsite, run by two of the 7Gypsies girls? TONS of inspiration and tutorials and some super cool giveaways too! Since I didn't win one of the giveaways, I'm trying to recreate it myself. So far....very cool! It's drying right now so I'll get a photo for tomorrow's post.


Thanks for stopping in today. Have a wonderful afternoon!


~Cynthia

3 comments:

Carolyn Dube said...

Love the postage card - I love how the Noel floats in the postmark. I went to the site you mentioned- wow! I don't know what project you were inspired to do from there but I can't wait to see it. Their site is just full of great ideas.

Bonnie said...

Very pretty poinsettia. I love these simple cards!

farmhouse-story said...

very cute, cynthia! i'm off to check out that link:)