Anybody else keeping a December Daily album this year?? I got so excited doing Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas I forgot to post my Dec Daily pages! ;-)
Sooooo, here's Day 19. That's today, I know. And as you can see, I'm not finished yet. This is the 'work in progress' shot! :-)
Way back in November, I read a blog comment somewhere out there from a lady who basically said her life was too boring to make a Dec Daily album--she would have nothing to put on the pages.
How I wish I had bookmarked that page or replied back to her comment. For, as you can plainly see...no one's life is more boring than mine.
I am being serious.
I actually have part of a light bulb packaging on Day 7 because I had to change several of the bulbs in the candles in the windows. Totally a highlight of my day.
And Day 19's highlight (I am sure of it already) was a trip to Walmart this morning. I adhered my list and a few box tops--mashed potatoes and fake vanilla extract, because who can afford the real stuff??? ;-) And I bought new HP ink for my printer.
I also found a funny sticker of an ivory-billed woodpecker and I cut up the bag in which my online order from Old Navy arrived.
On the daily card on the right side, I have adhered a sun and a moon. I note each day's weather (sunny, cloudy, etc.) along with the high temperature and then the moon phase. The sun and moon are QuicKutz die cuts. The idea came from --I'm fairly certain--Michelle at Lost Coast Post, but I can't find the exact post to link to. SHE hand cut stamps for her weather icons. SHE is awesome.
The "Spirit Filled" headline is for my Advent Devotional which I'll write up later.
And I've left plenty of room for all the exciting events I just KNOW will happen this afternoon. Like lunch. And laundry. And if I'm feeling really wild...dusting.
So this is just an open letter to that lady who thought she could not do a December Daily album. Ma'am....you will never be more boring than I am. Do the album.
=D
~Cynthia
Sooooo, here's Day 19. That's today, I know. And as you can see, I'm not finished yet. This is the 'work in progress' shot! :-)
Way back in November, I read a blog comment somewhere out there from a lady who basically said her life was too boring to make a Dec Daily album--she would have nothing to put on the pages.
How I wish I had bookmarked that page or replied back to her comment. For, as you can plainly see...no one's life is more boring than mine.
I am being serious.
I actually have part of a light bulb packaging on Day 7 because I had to change several of the bulbs in the candles in the windows. Totally a highlight of my day.
And Day 19's highlight (I am sure of it already) was a trip to Walmart this morning. I adhered my list and a few box tops--mashed potatoes and fake vanilla extract, because who can afford the real stuff??? ;-) And I bought new HP ink for my printer.
I also found a funny sticker of an ivory-billed woodpecker and I cut up the bag in which my online order from Old Navy arrived.
On the daily card on the right side, I have adhered a sun and a moon. I note each day's weather (sunny, cloudy, etc.) along with the high temperature and then the moon phase. The sun and moon are QuicKutz die cuts. The idea came from --I'm fairly certain--Michelle at Lost Coast Post, but I can't find the exact post to link to. SHE hand cut stamps for her weather icons. SHE is awesome.
The "Spirit Filled" headline is for my Advent Devotional which I'll write up later.
And I've left plenty of room for all the exciting events I just KNOW will happen this afternoon. Like lunch. And laundry. And if I'm feeling really wild...dusting.
So this is just an open letter to that lady who thought she could not do a December Daily album. Ma'am....you will never be more boring than I am. Do the album.
=D
~Cynthia

3 comments:
LOL, Cynthia, you are a hoot! Be sure to add to your daily calendar that you made me laugh. And that's because my journal is the high & low temps. I don't even add the moon phases, although I should have noted the beautiful full moon that was centered in my stairway window last week. Some days it's hard to think of some blessing to write down that my grandchildren won't snigger over and say, "boy was she a boor"! But going to Walmart is a "big" deal!
Cynthia, thank you for all of your comments on my blog as of late! I appreciate hearing from visitors like you. And I must say, you made some beautiful Christmas tags! Merry Christmas to you.
you just crack me up! i love your pages, you wild thing:)
if i did a dec daily this year--all it would have is.....let dog out..let dog in..repeat:) now, that's boring1
Post a Comment