Monday, July 15, 2013

Damselfly

Damselfly by HikerCynthia
Damselfly, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

This photo is another in a series of pictures I took on July 4 at one of my favorite places to hike.

As I was carefully picking my way down some wet stairs to the river, this gorgeous Damselfly posed long enough for me to get a really lovely closeup shot.

I wanted to keep the page simple, so I used very few colors, layers and embellishments. The background paper is from my very-loved and getting very-overused Little Yellow Bicycle line called Fern and Forest. This is the B side.

The yellows and greens are mostly from LYB's Poppy line. I love how even though the two lines are verrrry different, they still coordinate nicely!

I cut up a page of Doodlebug Designs' chevron strips and used them for the top and bottom border.

A bit of cork, some punched shapes, a Chit Chat sticker from Tim Holtz, and a snippet of left over paper that I punched stars from....and I was done!

Well...except for the title. Did you notice that my "s" is backwards? Actually, it's not an "s." It's an upside-down question mark. I had every letter in this so perfect dark sparkly teal set EXCEPT the "s" so I just made do.

And I'm totally OK with it.


Thanks so much for dropping in today and have a happy Monday!!


~Cynthia

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

This page is as lovely as the Damselfly! I love your quirky s! Adds interest and a bit of whimsy!

The Nonna said...

I love the font of the title - because its so funky the s looks at home. Love this layout - the corners make it! It's a scrap lift ... Watch and see! Hugs!

farmhouse-story said...

very creative using the ? mark as a s--love this page, cynthia!