Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Wild Wildflowers

Wild Wildflowers by HikerCynthia
Wild Wildflowers, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

We've been having SO much rain here in South Carolina that the plants have been loving it and showing off for us!

As proof of the too much rain thing, one of the editorial cartoons in today's newspaper showed the South Carolina flag with the crescent moon in the top left and, instead of the usual Palmetto tree in the center, a man with a large umbrella over his head, rain pouring down. It was funny but not. You know what I mean?? Ha ha ha! ;-)

But the sun is shining and the birds are chirping and here's my page for today. More beautiful coneflowers!

I went color and layer crazy on this one. The background paper is supposed to go the other way--it's wood grain. But I liked it flowing left to right. Then I used lots of washi and lots of hot pink.

I used more of KaiserCraft's 75 Cents line, a bit of BasicGrey and WeR Memory Keepers for the background. Those fun letters are from Doodlebug Design.


And that's it for me! I think I'm going to find some kind of excuse to be outside today!


Stay crafty, my friends!!


~Cynthia

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love that background paper and going horizontally it looks like siding. And what BEAUTIFUL Coneflowers! The hot pink really makes them show off big time! We've had lots of rain too, mixed with enough sun to make the grass (and weeds) grow like crazy!

The Nonna said...

SCRAPLIFTING!!!! And that's all I'm going to say about that! (Oh, and I still want to live with you as you have the best dailies ever!)

farmhouse-story said...

gorgeous, cynthia! love the colors!