Monday, July 22, 2013

Skippering

Skippering by HikerCynthia
Skippering, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
A few days ago, over on Shimelle Laine's blog, a guest artist posted a short tutorial on how to include mixed media on a scrap page.

I have always wanted to try this, so I followed Christin Gronnslett's step-by-step instructions.

SO EASY.

And SO much fun!!

I totally got a bit carried away, but man, did I have a good time slinging ink around!!

I used multiple stencils from The Crafters' Workshop, inks from Tim Holtz's Distress Ink line and Ranger's Archival line, and stamps from various places.

Although you can't see it in the photo, I also used Dreamweaver's embossing paste with the stencils for some super cool texture.

Then I added snippets of paper and slapped a photo of a Silver-spotted Skipper butterfly down and called it a day!

Christin calls this "mixed media light" and it's perfect for those of us who have never tried this kind of creating before.

There are definitely some things I would do differently....so come back tomorrow for my second go at a page of fun mixed media!! =D


Scrap happy!!


~Cynthia

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Oooh! Cynthia I LOVE this! Such an interesting and pretty background with beautiful colors!