Friday, July 26, 2013

Hawk Alert!

Hawk Alert! by HikerCynthia
Hawk Alert!, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
The other day I was sitting out on the deck and heard a scratching noise above me. I turned to look up at the roof--and there was a Red-shouldered Hawk!! He was just hanging out, disturbing all the little birds in the yard.

I ran inside to grab my camera and only manged one good shot before he looked down at me and flew away!

He--or his brethren--have taken to sitting up there on a regular basis. They do NOT appreciate me staring up at them! LOL!!

When I scrapped this photo, I used another Shimelle Laine sketch. My page turned out NOTHING like hers, of course, but I still like it. :-)

I used lots of snippets and more of my favorite line at the moment--Little Yellow Bicycle's Fern & Forest.

And lots of dots and mists. =D


Happy Friday! Thanks for the visit!!!!


~Cynthia

3 comments:

The Nonna said...

I would love to see your albums... it would be like taking a nature adventure with the best photos ever. And your scrapping is setting them off so beautifully. Look at you and your mixed media scrapping (something I just can't get my head wrapped around) which you are accomplishing to the point of making me feel intimidated it's so awesome. And I love love the card - making me want a die-cutting machine! YOU GO GIRL!

Bonnie said...

I love how you've given him tickets to come hang out! An awesome bird and really hard to get a picture of!

farmhouse-story said...

cynthia, i finally clicked over to shimelle's blog-omgosh, she's a wealth of creativity and information!! i started her email sub:) tfs! great page, but, i wouldn't want him watching my back:)