Monday, July 1, 2013

Woody sings the Blues

Woody sings the Blues by HikerCynthia
Woody sings the Blues, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

The trailhead of one of my favorite hiking trails is right next to a teeny tiny Post Office branch. The PO is located in a teeny tiny former textile mill village.

Normally the PO building is covered in gang graffiti--because, apparently, they have nothing better to do in teeny tiny former mill villages than to spray paint Post Office buildings. Heh.

Anyway.

New art showed up the other day on the side of the PO building.

I am (ahem) slightly ashamed to say I had to look this dude up on the Internet.

Turns out it's Woody Guthrie. The famous folk singer. The guy who wrote "This Land is Your Land."

Yeah. THAT guy.

So I'm not sure if Woody is a rub-on-poster or what. It was pretty darn cool and I kinda felt like I was in a New York City subway for a second.

But only for a second.

The 91 degree heat and the 400% humidity kinda gave it away that I wasn't really there.

*sigh*

So of COURSE I had to scrap the man!! =D

The papers are all from KaiserCraft, the 75 Cents collection. I love how it really does look like an old section of a New York City subway station! =D


OK, that's it for me today! Thanks so much for visiting!


~Cynthia

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

This is amazing, Cynthia! I saw a movie in the 60's about him. How interesting that someone painted his image on the wall! You've scrapped it wonderfully!

farmhouse-story said...

not only do you make great pages, but, your pics are totally cool, too!

The Nonna said...

MY FAVORITE... EVER!!!!!!!!!!! Love.love.love. this layout. So perfectly put together with the 'graffiti'.
But I won't say anything about you not knowing Woody... hmmmm.
LOL!