ETA: I originally posted this in July, but I'm linking up to Ali Edwards' blog to play along! =D
I've been playing along with Ali Edwards and her December Daily project for a few years now and one of the biggest lessons I learned that first year was to...
get stuff together EARLY.
So I vowed to make my DD journal in July. That way it would be fresh and new...because by the time December rolls around, I will have forgotten all about making the actual album! LOL!
I've kept that vow pretty well. I think one year I made the album in August, but it's been complete by the time November hit. This way, all I have to do is paste pictures and jot journaling! ;-)
I used Carta Bella's line called Christmas Day. I love the colors! They are very muted--lots of fir tree greens and deep burgundy reds along with distressed whites.
I also used a different album structure. Because the Carta Bella papers are SOOOO thick (love!), I punched holes and used ring binders, instead of an actual album with pockets, like I've done the past few years.
And just a little tiny heads-up here......I used the chipboard stickers that go with the Christmas Day line and as I brought the album inside after the photo shoot, several of the chipboard pieces launched themselves off the pages. And the glue I used to make pockets (Glue Glider Pro) isn't sticking all that well. And that's my fave and go-to glue gun! I realize it's probably because the Carta Bella paper is very textured and therefore things won't stick well, but it's a bit frustrating. I'll have to haul out the red line tape.
**insert terrified facial expression here**
Peace, love, and red line tape happiness!
~Cynthia
I've been playing along with Ali Edwards and her December Daily project for a few years now and one of the biggest lessons I learned that first year was to...
get stuff together EARLY.
So I vowed to make my DD journal in July. That way it would be fresh and new...because by the time December rolls around, I will have forgotten all about making the actual album! LOL!
I've kept that vow pretty well. I think one year I made the album in August, but it's been complete by the time November hit. This way, all I have to do is paste pictures and jot journaling! ;-)
I used Carta Bella's line called Christmas Day. I love the colors! They are very muted--lots of fir tree greens and deep burgundy reds along with distressed whites.
I also used a different album structure. Because the Carta Bella papers are SOOOO thick (love!), I punched holes and used ring binders, instead of an actual album with pockets, like I've done the past few years.
And just a little tiny heads-up here......I used the chipboard stickers that go with the Christmas Day line and as I brought the album inside after the photo shoot, several of the chipboard pieces launched themselves off the pages. And the glue I used to make pockets (Glue Glider Pro) isn't sticking all that well. And that's my fave and go-to glue gun! I realize it's probably because the Carta Bella paper is very textured and therefore things won't stick well, but it's a bit frustrating. I'll have to haul out the red line tape.
**insert terrified facial expression here**
Peace, love, and red line tape happiness!
~Cynthia

3 comments:
Look at you being so organized! I think I'm going to use this technique for my next year's journal. I can't seem to find a journal big enough to hold my little jottings and pictures.
The paper is gorgeous and so you. Can't wait to see what you put in it.
It seems to me that all the glue is letting go lately. Except for that glue that hold packages together and price tags on. That is permanent! I'm using a little piece of red lined tape along with the other so maybe the images won't let go entirely. I figure flapping is better than off. You only get one chance with that stuff though and that's scary!
You were a very smart lady to do this in July! I am still trying to plan out what I will do this year...
Good idea aand it is a lovely range.. Thanks for your honesty about the pitfalls..<3
Post a Comment