Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Oh look! Wildlife!

Oh look!  Wildlife! by HikerCynthia
Oh look! Wildlife!, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
So way back on July 4, Lily Bee Design had a guest designer whose page was so cool I totally scraplifted it, then promptly scraplifted his second designer stint a few days later.

His name is Mitchell Kraft. And he loves layers.

I love layers.

I put lots of layers on my page.

Layers are good.

I've got a page from an old accounting book, a few snippets from Little Yellow Bicycle's Fern and Forest line, some Doodlebug Design strips and a bingo card from Simple Stories all nice and layered.

There's even some cork and wood veneer.

I made my own tiny banner clip thing. Because you can, you know. Make your own banner clip thing. With a paper clip and a snippet of paper. And thus avoid the $2 charge for such things.

But I digress...

I scruffed up the edges of all my glorious layers and used lots of Pop Dots.

Oh yes I did.

And you know what?

I SEWED.

It was scary at first.

You know...this is my beloved paper and I didn't want to ruin it with some crazy, drunken sewing.

The sewing *is* a bit crazy and a bit drunken. But nobody got hurt. I think that's the main thing, no?

I also got crazy with the misting.

Because, in addition to layers, I do love some good misting.

And nobody got hurt in the process of misting this page.

That's important.


Mist on!


~Cynthia

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

You are too funny, Cynthia! I'm so glad nobody got hurt! DH caught a skink in our house yesterday. It's a good thing he saw it first. Someone might have got hurt! I like them much better like this with all the layers, sewing and misting!

farmhouse-story said...

your sewing looks great!! you should do that more---and you are so funny! great page!