Saturday, December 15, 2012

December Daily Day 14

December Daily Day 14 by HikerCynthia
December Daily Day 14, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

I struggled with this page.

For many reasons.

All I did yesterday was housework and cooking.

And watch the news online about the horrific shootings in Connecticut.

I honestly did NOT want to put anything sad or negative in my December Daily.

But then again, I felt like I should write SOMETHING about the events of the day.

In the end, I only took one photo anyway--a beautiful pink-red sunset.

I tucked a short note behind the photo, attached to the doily. No names, just numbers and places.

It's there. If I want to remember.



~Cynthia

3 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

That photographs is awesome .. .. love the beautiful sky behind the striking trees.

That is a very clever way of noting the awful shootings .. .. it makes you wonder what the world is coming to.

Love Jules xx

Bonnie said...

The sunset is an appropriate picture for the day! Such a sad day indeed. May God use it for good!

orange gearle said...

Thank you for this. I haven't finished day 14 yet because I have been struggling with what to include or not include. I think I will follow your lead and include it, but hide it behind a photo, or something.