Monday, December 3, 2012

December Daily Day 1

December Daily Day 1 by HikerCynthia
December Daily Day 1, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.

And so it begins...

December Daily, Day 1

So today's big story was the missing Baby Jesus. My Mom was putting the Christmas lights on the bushes outside. (See how happy she is with that job???) I was putting up her nativity set inside. But I couldn't for the life of me find the Baby Jesus.

Now...you just CANNOT have a nativity scene without Jesus, can you??

So we went on a chase. I looked under stuff and in stuff and around stuff. No Baby Jesus.

My Mom was looking in the storage room where all the Christmas decorations are kept and just happened to move the vacuum cleaner.

And there was Baby Jesus.

Under the vacuum cleaner.

It was horrible and probably sacrilegious and hysterically funny all at the same time! I'm sure there's some sort of deep spiritual lesson God was trying to teach us with that. ;-)

So naturally, I had to document it with a photo. See the brown linoleum shot? That tiny wooden rectangle thing in the middle? That's the Baby Jesus.

He's currently hanging out with the angels, awaiting Christmas morning.

Safe and sound.



Thanks for stopping by today! Don't lose Baby Jesus in the midst of the holiday madness. He's the Reason for the Season! ;-)

~Cynthia

1 comment:

Jules said...

Mmmm... Cynthia

I am sure there is a message in there somewhere .. .. but for now I joined you in the amusement of your journal page.

Thank goodness Baby Jesus was found to complete your nativity scene.

Love Jules xx