
Quilted Thoughts
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia
I *LOVE* this technique! I know it looks all hard and complicated, but it's really easy peasy!! You can find all the instructions on Splitcoast Stampers--as always, right?? ;-) Basically, cut two squares of your background paper (which, for me, was Bazzill brown), then punch four 1-inch squares of your designer paper (I used a Marvy square punch) and a second set of four 1-inch squares from a second patterned paper. I used both sides of Graphic 45's Baby2Bride Collection, Love is Blue. I added a sweet button in the middle of the squares, glued a strip of the same paper across the bottom, and stamped the sentiment. I *did* add a bit of Tim Holtz Distress Ink in Walnut Stain to soften the starkness of the designer paper on the brown cardstock. I also rounded the corners with a Fiskars corner rounder. I probably maybe shoulda rounded the sentiment strip corners too, but I wanted a ribbon-ish look. All in all, I am pleased with this one. :-)
Thanks for checking this one out! Enjoy your Holy Week and look at the Easter story in a new way this year.
~Cynthia
No comments:
Post a Comment