Saturday, March 6, 2010

Looking Out the Window


Looking Out the Window
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

I *LOVE* this card!! It's just so darn cute! Of course, I CASE'd it off Splitcoast Stampers, so don't think it was my idea. :-) It was fun to make though. I started by punching a template for the window panes, using cream cardstock and a Marvy 1 inch square punch. Then I cut the designer paper (Graphic 45's Baby2Bride Collection, Love is Blue) to match the length of the window. I grunged both the curtains and the window up a bit with Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Antique Linen. I punched the edge of the curtain with a Fiskars border punch. I also used Distress Ink (Walnut Stain) to stamp Hero Arts' Flower and Leaf Branch 3 times on a piece of white cardstock, cut to size. Color was added to the leaves and flowers using chalk. I cut a small brown piece of Bazzill cardstock to make a window sill of sorts.

This card was a bit more time consuming than what I'm used to, but I like the way it turned out--all pink and green and springy!

Thanks for looking!!

~Cynthia

No comments: