Monday, March 15, 2010

Bird in a Window


Bird in a Window
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

Here's one of those 'well, that's not exactly what I had in my mind' cards! I KNOW you've been there, right?? =D It started with this very awesome card over at my usual inspiration haunt--Splitcoast Stampers. I didn't have all the tools the cardmaker did, so I had to invent some stuff! In retrospect, there are many things I would change, the biggest thing is the color combination of the papers and I would also change the color of the bird. But, I was just playing around and having some creative fun, so I think...in the end...it came out kind of cool. ;-)

Supplies:
Kraft card blank (The Paper Studio)
Paper: green cardstock (Bazzill); Antique Red Crackle (EK Success)
Stamps: Textured Bird (Stampabilities); Leaf and Branch Clear Stamps (Martha Stewart) (stamped twice and cut out)
Ink: Peeled Paint and Weathered Wood (Tim Holtz Distress Inks)
Chalk: Inkadinkado
Nestabilites rectangle (for frame)
Glitter Pen (for bird eye)

Thanks for checking this one out! Enjoy your day!!

~Cynthia

No comments: