Saturday, February 13, 2010

Soleil and Crow


Soleil and Crow
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

Here's the third installment of my niece's 'before your birthday' birthday cards. Yes, it's totally nuts. See, I had in mind that awesome bird standing on the green paper beneath that awesome Soleil stamp. But it came out looking way weird. So, I just went with that way weird vibe! This card will totally teach my niece not to complain about getting cards BEFORE her birthday!!! =D

The Supplies:
Card: The Paper Studio
Paper: Colorbok--The Friendly Forest Photo Pad; Creative Imaginations, Samantha Walker Collection
Stamp: Stampendous--Everything Happy (sentiment, balloon, candle); Rubber Stampede--Soleil; Stampabilites--Textured Bird
Ink: Colorbox--Pinwheel; Tim Holtz Distress Ink--Dried Marigold, Black Soot

I laughed the whole time I made this. At first I was going to junk it, but I kept at it until this craziness came about. It's kind of like altered art in a weird way. I think it's growing on me.

~Cynthia

No comments: