
CASEd Green Card
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia
Once again, I saw a card I really loved and decided to CASE it. (This stands for either Copy And Share Everything...or...Copy And Selectively Edit.) Of course, it looks nothing like the original! That's OK. I like my card anyway!! ;-)
The Details:
Paper: black cardstock, Whitewash Collection: Watering Can (Core'dinations), white Bazzill
Cuttlebug: Floral Fantasy embossing folder
Stamp: Garden Delight set (Inkadinkado)
Punch: Marvy Purple Scallop Oval
Ink: Black Soot and Pine Needles (Tim Holtz Distress Ink) and Dee Gruenig's Markers to highlight the flower and parts of the stems
Black ribbon from my stash
Adhesives: Glue Runner, Glue Dots
I began with a Halcraft card blank. I cut a rectangle of black CS, then a smaller rectangle of Watering Can. I ran the Watering Can through the Cuttlebug, sanded the design lightly, then wrapped black ribbon over the Watering Can. I sandwiched all that and attached it. Then I cut another piece of Watering Can and flipped it over to the green side, attached that on top. I punched 2 scallop ovals--one from black CS, the other white CS. I stamped the image (in Black Soot) on the white oval, added some color, inked the edges a bit with the Pine Needles, and then cut the black oval. I added 1/3 of the oval to the top of the white oval, the rest to the bottom. Then I attached that on top of the stack.
I left the bottom green section blank for a sentiment.
In retrospect, I probably should have done something to the rectangle of the green side of the Watering Can paper. Maybe make it thinner, so it doesn't show up at the top. Oh well. I do like the color combination. Very sharp. Better in real life. ;-)
Thanks for looking!
~Cynthia
No comments:
Post a Comment