If you haven't yet had a look-see, check out Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2012! This is my take on April's make.
I had so much fun making this one. Wait...I said that for the first two, didn't I? Heh heh.
I used a bunch of supplies, but my favorite part is the branch with the dragonfly. I cut up some Grungepaper to look like a branch and inked it up, then pressed it into a VersaMark pad, then used Distress Embossing Powders on it. Very cool technique.
For the dragonfly, I stamped the image on Grungepaper, then colored it carefully with Distress Inks, then covered it with Glossy Accents. Also very cool.
I had to search for a cool sentiment and when I found this one...it just fit! I typed it up on cardstock using a typewriter. It says...My soul is in the sky. A line taken from Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream." Which I also thought was pretty perfect! ;-)
Thanks for visiting today! If you came by via Tim's blog...welcome and thank you very much!! =D
~Cynthia
I had so much fun making this one. Wait...I said that for the first two, didn't I? Heh heh.
I used a bunch of supplies, but my favorite part is the branch with the dragonfly. I cut up some Grungepaper to look like a branch and inked it up, then pressed it into a VersaMark pad, then used Distress Embossing Powders on it. Very cool technique.
For the dragonfly, I stamped the image on Grungepaper, then colored it carefully with Distress Inks, then covered it with Glossy Accents. Also very cool.
I had to search for a cool sentiment and when I found this one...it just fit! I typed it up on cardstock using a typewriter. It says...My soul is in the sky. A line taken from Shakespeare's "A Midsummer Night's Dream." Which I also thought was pretty perfect! ;-)
Thanks for visiting today! If you came by via Tim's blog...welcome and thank you very much!! =D
~Cynthia

3 comments:
Great tag! I love the dragonfly!. Cool sentiment to go with it!
What a great branch and dragonfly. I'm not sure what grunge paper is, but for sure I'm going to be finding out. The sentiment is perfect. Typing it on the typewriter is a good plan. Less paper waste that way.
awesome little work of art:)
Post a Comment