Friday, April 13, 2012

Challenge #3

Challenge #3 by HikerCynthia
Challenge #3, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
I'm still keeping up with Shimelle and her challenge weekend. This time we were challenged to mix our personal style with a look we've never tried before.

And thus I present....the Julie Fei-Fan Balzer Scrapbook Page.

When I first read the challenge, I thought, "Whose scrapping style scares me?" Why, Julie's of course! ;-)

I really, REALLY love what she does. But I thought I could never achieve her look on a page.

Except for my HORRIBLE handwriting with a paint brush, I think this page is pretty darn cool.

I finger-painted the tags with acrylic paint diluted with water.

OK, that was fun. ;-)

Then I typed the city name and the date. I added a bit of journaling on the side there.

Messy, painty, inky.

Seriously fun!!


Oh and PS: Sorry about the photo. The sun has gone down, so I used a lamp...and this is what happens when you do that. ;-)


Thanks for visiting!!

~Cynthia

9 comments:

julee said...

This looks really pretty, if it was 'new' to you. ..... You did a great job.

Julie

Melissa said...

Great job with this different style. I'm just getting started on this challenge.

debs14 said...

Inking and painting is definitely something that scares me so I am really, really impressed with this layout especially if it's not your normal style! I love the detail in the top right corner.

nerllybird said...

Lol, I don't think I'd like writing with a paintbrush either! I love your page, though, the colours are gorgeous and I like the masking.

Debbie P said...

This is great! Love the masking on the background. I have to admit, this challenge scares the heck out of me! You did well with the challenge!

Kelly Pyron said...

I really like the way you used the mask on the background... and I love the finger-painted tags. This layout has a very artsy feel to it and I LOVE artsy! Wonderful job on the challenge... now I need to go work on my layout for this challenge! LOL!

Unknown said...

It looks cool! I disagree with you about your handwriting. I love that part.

Mariangeles M said...

I'm working on this challenge right now :) It's a difficult one for me...

farmhouse-story said...

finger painted tags--AWESOME! this is such a pretty page!