This was a hard card to make. It's for a man...and how do you say 'get well soon' without butterflies?? Every "go-to" image I have for recovery/healing/get well is all girly.
So I thought of trees. For me, trees evoke peaceful, almost eternal, steadfast kinds of feelings.
And I think that's so important when you're sick or recovering.
I hope the recipient feels the same way about this card.
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white card blank)
Stamps: GinaK (The Giving Tree set); KaiserCraft (Get Well set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Walnut Stain and Peeled Paint
"And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, He gave up His spirit." (Matthew 27:50) He died for you so you might live with Him.
Happy Easter!
~Cynthia
So I thought of trees. For me, trees evoke peaceful, almost eternal, steadfast kinds of feelings.
And I think that's so important when you're sick or recovering.
I hope the recipient feels the same way about this card.
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white card blank)
Stamps: GinaK (The Giving Tree set); KaiserCraft (Get Well set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Walnut Stain and Peeled Paint
"And when Jesus had cried out again in a loud voice, He gave up His spirit." (Matthew 27:50) He died for you so you might live with Him.
Happy Easter!
~Cynthia

4 comments:
I have run into the same issue when making things for men. You found a great solution!
Hi Cynthia
Brilliant reasons for choosing a tree .. .. I hope your friend is well soon.
Happy Easter
Love Jules xx
Trees are, as you say, great for men. And the sentiment is perfect for a get well wish. They should put that on a stamp. I hope you have a wonderful Easter.
the tree is perfect--hope your easter was great!
Post a Comment