Sunday, April 15, 2012

Challenge #7

Challenge #7 by HikerCynthia
Challenge #7, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
WOW. When I got up this morning, I KNEW I was behind in Shimelle's challenges. To my horror, I discovered I was TWO challenges and several discussions behind!! AAARRGHHHH!!

So I went all clean and simple on this design. I had the layout ready, ran off to church, ran back and adhered it all down.

BOOYAH.

Shimelle's challenge was to use a pocket or an envelope to hold something or hide something.

I chose to make my pocket part of the layout papers. I tucked little tags behind that long strip of blue paper, after journaling about the photo on the tags. I glued down the blue strip, leaving pockets of unglued areas to hold the tags.

I made the tag from a large shipping tag, colored using Tim Holtz's No Wrinkle Distress Technique. Then I punched out mini tags and used the leftover end as an embellishment. (That's the bit sticking out on the left side of the blue strip.)

OK. Gotta get back to creating! Thanks for stopping in!


Craft on!

~Cynthia

3 comments:

Klebefinger said...

I love your idea with these decorative tags!!

farmhouse-story said...

very clever design with the tags!

marianne said...

Love how you tucked those tags!