I thought I had done a pretty good job of taking pictures of my Easter cards.
Until I pulled this photo up to blog it.
See that little splotch under the 'p' in Spring?? Yes, that's a bug. I took the photos outside and never noticed this little visitor until just now.
I left him on there--not editing him out--just cuz I thought the whole thing was too funny.
Spring. Sunshine. BUGS. LOL!!
So I took the idea of this card from the One Layer Wednesday challenge--courtesy of Arydth on the MASKerade blog. I just changed the colors. :-)
I stamped the spring sentiment first, then added the leaves around the edge. To get the leaves in a nice even circle, I did what Arydth did--I punched a circle of scrap paper then placed it over the 's' and stamped around the circle's edge.
For a final touch (other than the bug) I used a glitter pen on the butterfly.
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white card blank)
Stamps: CraftSmart (spring stamp); Inkadinkado (Tree set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Worn Lipstick, Bundled Sage)
ETC: Sakura Gelly Roll Pen (Clear Star); Marvy-Uchida (1/2 inch punch...I think)
That's it for me today. I'm almost finished with my take on Tim Holtz's Tag. I'll try to get that posted later this week.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
~Cynthia
Until I pulled this photo up to blog it.
See that little splotch under the 'p' in Spring?? Yes, that's a bug. I took the photos outside and never noticed this little visitor until just now.
I left him on there--not editing him out--just cuz I thought the whole thing was too funny.
Spring. Sunshine. BUGS. LOL!!
So I took the idea of this card from the One Layer Wednesday challenge--courtesy of Arydth on the MASKerade blog. I just changed the colors. :-)
I stamped the spring sentiment first, then added the leaves around the edge. To get the leaves in a nice even circle, I did what Arydth did--I punched a circle of scrap paper then placed it over the 's' and stamped around the circle's edge.
For a final touch (other than the bug) I used a glitter pen on the butterfly.
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white card blank)
Stamps: CraftSmart (spring stamp); Inkadinkado (Tree set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Worn Lipstick, Bundled Sage)
ETC: Sakura Gelly Roll Pen (Clear Star); Marvy-Uchida (1/2 inch punch...I think)
That's it for me today. I'm almost finished with my take on Tim Holtz's Tag. I'll try to get that posted later this week.
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
~Cynthia

3 comments:
I thought that you had a tiny bug stamp or freehanded it. Whatever, the bug is a nice touch. Glad you didn't edit it out. I love the arc of leaves wrapped around the word. Lovely Spring colors too.
Hi Cynthia
Awww...I love the little bug!!
I thought it was actually part of the design!! LOL!!!
Love Jules xx
the bug is hilarious, cynthia! cute card:)
Post a Comment