Chuggin' right along here with Shimelle and her super awesome challenges!! I'm having so much fun!! =D
This challenge was to take inspiration from a scrapbook page created by Wilna Furstenberg. She has an amazing style!
I decided to use a panoramic photo like Wilna did. This one is from Hunting Island State Park in South Carolina.
I used LOTS of white space. I broke out my new washi tapes from Walmart. (Note to self: 99 cent washi tapes are really TAPE and they STICK PERMANENTLY. Oops.)
I kept everything kind of monochromatic. I even found some Thickers that matched! (Better in real life than in the photo, I promise!!)
I added a few of the butterflies and embellishment groupings, like Wilna did. I pretty much scraplifted her page, with less stuff. =D
OK, enough talk. I see Shimelle has Challenge #6 up already!!!! ;-) Thank you SO MUCH for stopping in!
~Cynthia
This challenge was to take inspiration from a scrapbook page created by Wilna Furstenberg. She has an amazing style!
I decided to use a panoramic photo like Wilna did. This one is from Hunting Island State Park in South Carolina.
I used LOTS of white space. I broke out my new washi tapes from Walmart. (Note to self: 99 cent washi tapes are really TAPE and they STICK PERMANENTLY. Oops.)
I kept everything kind of monochromatic. I even found some Thickers that matched! (Better in real life than in the photo, I promise!!)
I added a few of the butterflies and embellishment groupings, like Wilna did. I pretty much scraplifted her page, with less stuff. =D
OK, enough talk. I see Shimelle has Challenge #6 up already!!!! ;-) Thank you SO MUCH for stopping in!
~Cynthia

15 comments:
Hi Cynthia
I am so sorry that I have missed so many fabulous layouts from you over these past few days.
I have just backtracked over them.
Your photographs really are stunning.
Please don't think I have forgotten you. It is just that my wedding work is super busy at the moment and blogland time is very short!
Hope you are well and are having a good weekend.
Love Jules xx
What a beautiful photo! You used just the perfect colors for it too. Love the cute birdie too.
This is absolutely stunning - of course, it had to be with such a beautiful photo to start with!
Gorgeous layout! Love your take on it!
I love the colours you've used and the monochrome effect - lovely photo, lovely page!
I love this layout! Good to know about Walmart tape...sorry you had to be the one to find out!
I love Wilna's style but it is certainly not like mine. I shall enjoy this challenge. Yours layout is beautiful. I love the colours you chose.
beautiful picture and I like your interpretation of the inspiration. Lovely.
Julie
Beautiful photo. Never been to Hunting Island, looks lovely. The bird accent is perfect.
Wow Cynthia! You have been on a roll today! This is another gorgeous page! I love the photo... beautiful!
Lovely page. Love that photo. Great take on the challenge.
Very cute! Love the bird and butterflues :)
Love this page!
Great photo and I love your interpretation of the challenge
this design really compliments your fab pic! i think i've been to huntington island's beach--there's a lighthouse, i think--very pretty place:)
Post a Comment