Friday, April 13, 2012

Challenge #2

Challenge #2 by HikerCynthia
Challenge #2, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
This challenge from Shimelle involves using three different paper collections on one page.

I used Sassafras Lass (Count Me In: Multiply) for the main page and striped border. I used American Craft (Chap: Dave) for the polka-dotted large piece. And Three Bugs in a Rug (Spread Your Wings: Little Red) for the smaller rectangle piece.

I also threw in a bit of K&Co by using the ruler and sunflower borders.

Shimelle used a cute Poloroid kind of photo. I just made one up with cardstock and a seahorse stamp.

And if you're wondering what that black thing hanging in the middle of the air is....that would be Sullivan's Island Lighthouse. The bottom half of the lighthouse is white, which in real life you can see in the photo. :-)

I'm off to see what else Shimelle has cooked up for us. Craft on!! And thanks so much for having a look!


~Cynthia

6 comments:

Nirupama said...

Neat page. That handmade sea horse polaroid is awesome!

Anonymous said...

Lovely LO. totally agree witH Nirupama about the sea horse polaroid!

Unknown said...

Loving the Polaroid. I am glad you explained about the lighthouse as I was squinting at my phone screen trying to work out what it was!

Mariangeles M said...

Love the papers :)

Deborah Mahnken said...

Great page! I love this color combination & the papers you chose. I'm enjoying looking at what you did for the challenges :)
Thanks for the nice comments on my blog.

farmhouse-story said...

awesome page, cynthia! the lighthouse totally looks like its floating in mid air!