Friday, April 20, 2012

Week In the Life



Anyone taking part in Ali Edwards' Week in the Life?  It starts on Monday.  I am, but I'll be starting on Sunday.

I made a lovely new journal for it.  On the left is the actual cover.  It's an 8x8 Zutter Cover-All.

Shhh...don't tell anyone.  I have a Cinch!  ;-)  But the Cover-All works perfectly with the Cinch.

I used a bunch of paper from three different 7Gypsies 8x8 blocks for my pages.  (That's the paper on the right.)  And I ripped up an old South Carolina map and sort of collaged the pieces on the outside of the cover.  I used Gathered Twigs Distress Ink on the cover and the map.  I also used Claudine Hellmuth's Matte Medium to adhere the maps and seal the whole thing.

I made pockets on the inside covers with a piece of Graphic 45 kraft paper.  You can see the black letter stickers sticking up out of the pocket on the left.  I also have a bunch of pre-made tags in the back pocket for journaling on the boldly patterned 7Gypsie paper.

Mostly I'll print my cell phone pictures for this and add whatever ephemera I collect.  I'm keeping it simple--more of a highlight reel-of-the-day and not an hour-by-hour thing.

I enjoyed playing along with Ali on the Day in the Life project so I think the week will be fun too!


~Cynthia

9 comments:

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

It sounds like you are going to have a big project on your hands!

Loving the cover!!!

Hope you are having a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Kelly Pyron said...

I didn't sign up for this class, because I am already in too many to keep track of! LOL! I am anxious to see your progress. You are off to a great start! Your cover is Fabbbuuulousss! :)

Ali said...

It's looking great, hope you enjoy your project.

Nirupama said...

I'm going to attempt week in the life too. Looks like pre-planning is the way to go. You're off to a good start. That cover is really cool.

The Nonna said...

Oh Cynthia... I hope you love your class - it looks like the preliminary work is done. Cannot wait to see all the pix of your project!! I'm so excited - I'm gonna scrap by proxy! LOL!

farmhouse-story said...

you are off to a great start! this is adorable! the cover-all works with the cinch--tfs, cythnia!

Carolyn Dube said...

I have that paper too! I do the my Cinch with my old Zutter stuff too! Can't wait to see your week!

Bonnie said...

I hope you have as much fun with this one. Love your journal cover.

farmhouse-story said...

just checking in, cynthia! thanks for visiting:0