Another card CASE'd from Crafting Clare is on tap for today. Vicky (AKA Crafting Clare) actually made her card using a different recipe, but I think the end results in both cards are really cool!
Vicky used a brayer. I, lover of all things Tim Holtz, pulled out my Distress Stains and achieved a similar look without the cleanup! ;-)
First I swiped Tumbled Glass Distress Stain all over a piece of white cardstock. Then I swiped Broken China only along the bottom, with lighter swipes as I went up. Finally I made just a few swipes with Picket Fence Stain near the top, to suggest clouds.
I used two different stamps sets for the images. The sailboat is from a Stacy Stamp set and the post marks and the splots are from Stampin Up's French Foliage set. It's really hard to see, even in real life, but I also stamped the script in the lower left corner, also using Broken China Distress Ink. It kind of blends in, while creating a wave-like effect. Very subliminal! ;-)
I distressed the edges, then brushed the cardstock with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink, matted it on teal blue cardstock, and adhered the whole thing on a kraft cardblank.
I didn't add a sentiment because this could be sent for many occasions--male birthday, bon voyage, thinking of you or even sympathy.
Supplies:
Paper: The Paper Studio (kraft cardblank); Bazzill (teal cardstock); Gina K (Pure Luxury white cardstock)
Stamps: Stampin Up (French Foliage set); Stacy Stamp (sailboat set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Stain (Broken China, Tumbled Glass); Distress Ink (Frayed Burlap, Broken China)
ETC: Making Memories (paper distresser); Glue Glider Pro
I can't believe it's Friday already! Where did this week go??? ;-) I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for visiting today!
~Cynthia
Vicky used a brayer. I, lover of all things Tim Holtz, pulled out my Distress Stains and achieved a similar look without the cleanup! ;-)
First I swiped Tumbled Glass Distress Stain all over a piece of white cardstock. Then I swiped Broken China only along the bottom, with lighter swipes as I went up. Finally I made just a few swipes with Picket Fence Stain near the top, to suggest clouds.
I used two different stamps sets for the images. The sailboat is from a Stacy Stamp set and the post marks and the splots are from Stampin Up's French Foliage set. It's really hard to see, even in real life, but I also stamped the script in the lower left corner, also using Broken China Distress Ink. It kind of blends in, while creating a wave-like effect. Very subliminal! ;-)
I distressed the edges, then brushed the cardstock with Frayed Burlap Distress Ink, matted it on teal blue cardstock, and adhered the whole thing on a kraft cardblank.
I didn't add a sentiment because this could be sent for many occasions--male birthday, bon voyage, thinking of you or even sympathy.
Supplies:
Paper: The Paper Studio (kraft cardblank); Bazzill (teal cardstock); Gina K (Pure Luxury white cardstock)
Stamps: Stampin Up (French Foliage set); Stacy Stamp (sailboat set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Stain (Broken China, Tumbled Glass); Distress Ink (Frayed Burlap, Broken China)
ETC: Making Memories (paper distresser); Glue Glider Pro
I can't believe it's Friday already! Where did this week go??? ;-) I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for visiting today!
~Cynthia

4 comments:
Beautiful card, Cynthia! I love how you used the distress stains.
love the watery look, cynthia! happy weekend:)
Hi Cynthia
Loving what you have done here.
Fabby use of your Tim Holtz goodies.
Hope all is good with you.
Love Jules xx
Don't you love it when you see an idea, and find a way to use what you like/have to do it? I do! Speaking of all things Tim, have you been watching his CHA previews? I am in love with too many of his new die cuts coming out. So many goodies, so long to wait for them to ship...
Post a Comment