I finally, finally, FINALLY got some studio time yesterday. I managed to make four cards...one of which hit the garbage.
*sigh*
I feel so rusty! ;-)
Card Number One:
Less is More's challenge this week is to use Predominately Purple. Ann at KingstonMamaCrafts created a really beautiful card which I immediately wanted to CASE! AND since purple is my Mom's favorite color and her birthday is next month...well, I just had to play along! =D
I began by cutting a piece of Eclipse Tape into two pieces. I adhered them to the cardblank, leaving about two inches between them, creating a swirl-shaped stencil and masking off the rest of the card.
I used two different purple Distress Inks to color in the gap between the two pieces of Eclipse. Then I stamped the flower three times using the darker of the two inks.
Finally I stamped the sentiment. in the same dark ink.
I wasn't not too happy with the swirl nor the way the sentiment stamped, so tune in tomorrow when I post Predominately Purple Card #2!
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank)
Stamps: Heartfelt Creations (Innoscents Flowers 2); Fiskars (How Many Candles set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Dusty Concord, Seedless Preserves)
ETC: Stampland Chicago (Eclipse Tape)
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a crafty day!!
~Cynthia
*sigh*
I feel so rusty! ;-)
Card Number One:
Less is More's challenge this week is to use Predominately Purple. Ann at KingstonMamaCrafts created a really beautiful card which I immediately wanted to CASE! AND since purple is my Mom's favorite color and her birthday is next month...well, I just had to play along! =D
I began by cutting a piece of Eclipse Tape into two pieces. I adhered them to the cardblank, leaving about two inches between them, creating a swirl-shaped stencil and masking off the rest of the card.
I used two different purple Distress Inks to color in the gap between the two pieces of Eclipse. Then I stamped the flower three times using the darker of the two inks.
Finally I stamped the sentiment. in the same dark ink.
I wasn't not too happy with the swirl nor the way the sentiment stamped, so tune in tomorrow when I post Predominately Purple Card #2!
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank)
Stamps: Heartfelt Creations (Innoscents Flowers 2); Fiskars (How Many Candles set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Dusty Concord, Seedless Preserves)
ETC: Stampland Chicago (Eclipse Tape)
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you have a crafty day!!
~Cynthia

3 comments:
absolutely lovely, cynthia! your mom will love this! i really like the technique you used, too:)
I love the swirly design! Very creative!
Hi Cynthia
Gorgeous shades of purple.
Love the technique you have used too.
You have put my little brain box into action .. .. thanks for the inspiration.
I hope all is good with you.
Love Jules xx
Post a Comment