Thursday, January 26, 2012

Butterfly Love

Butterfly Love by HikerCynthia
Butterfly Love, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
Showin' ya some more love today! ;-)

Super easy and super quick card. I cut a piece of ivory cardstock, distressed the edges and stamped the love on it with Festive Berries Distress Ink.

Using the same cardstock, I brushed an area with Festive Berries and punched the butterfly. Then I pressed the wings only into the ink pad, leaving the body sort of pink colored and attached it above the love sentiment.

Then I layered that on a piece of red cardstock, then adhered it all to a kraft cardblank.


Supplies:
Paper: The Paper Studio (kraft cardblank); Bazzill (red and ivory cardstock)
Stamp: Hampton Arts (love stamp)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Festive Berries and Gathered Twigs)
ETC: Martha Stewart (butterfly punch); Glue Glider Pro; Zig Two-way Glue Pen


Happy Bubble Wrap Day!! I hope to find a little time to create--maybe a journal page using bubble wrap! ;-) Thanks so much for stopping in!


~Cynthia

4 comments:

Carolyn Dube said...

The butterfly is the perfect touch for this!!! So very Valentine!

Jules said...

Scrummy work Cynthia.

The kraft, red and distressed edges all blend together beautifully.

Loving the love on your blog!!

Have a good weekend.

Love Jules xx

Bonnie said...

I love how you stamped then inked just the wings of the butterfly! I would never have thought of that!

farmhouse-story said...

oh, i LOVE this, cynthia! very sweet!