Tuesday, January 31, 2012

LIM Birthday

LIM Birthday by HikerCynthia
LIM Birthday, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
I finally found the time (and the inspiration AND the mojo!!) to create a few cards today!!! YAY!! This one is based on the sketch for this week's challenge over on the Less Is More blog. I *love* checking out everyone's take on the weekly challenges there.

For this card, I cut a strip of white cardstock and covered it in Shabby Shutters Distress Ink with a felt applicator, leaving it rather streaky and distressed looking. Then I stamped the flower in Black Soot Distress Stain all over. I LOVE the look and the ink colors!

I attached the strip and stamped the sentiment.

Then I took a picture.

Then I realized that even though I very very very carefully lined up my strip and held my mouth JUST SO....the strip is STILL adhered crookedly. *sigh* ;-)


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank); Gina K (Pure Luxury white cardstock)
Stamps: Stampin Up (flower and birthday sentiment)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Shabby Shutters, Black Soot)
ETC: Glue Glider Pro


Thanks for stopping by today. Even though I haven't been able to post (or create) much lately, I've really enjoyed dropping by everyone's blogs and checking out your creations!!


~Cynthia

4 comments:

JennL said...

Love it!

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

Fabby colours on this one.

Love the distressing.

Love Jules xx

Bonnie said...

I think those strips move after we turn our backs and walk away. That's the only explanation I can come up with. Very nice take on the sketch, Cynthia.

farmhouse-story said...

i like bonnie's theory on the crooked strip:) great cas card, cynthia!