Quick card today.
My mom needed a sympathy card for a friend of her's who lost her mother this past week. Being the one-winged crafter that she is, I had to make the card for my mom until she can use her arm again!
I tried to charge her, but she wouldn't pay! ;-)
I stamped both the flower and the sentiment in Pumice Stone Distress Ink, then lightly colored in the flower, leaves and stem with watercolor pencils.
For such a simple card, it took me FOUR TRIES to get it right. The sentiment stamp left little marks of ink; I stamped the sentiment too close to the leaf; the flower stamp left errant ink marks which I tried to rub off and ruined the paper.
*sigh*
I thought Clean-And-Simple cards were supposed to be SIMPLE!!!!! OK, simple, not easy, right?? =D
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (two white cardblanks)
Stamps: Inkadinkado (Hydrangea #97151); Endless Creations (Now Creations Galore--#8143)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Pumice Stone)
ETC: Koh-I-Nor (watercolor pencils); Glue Glider Pro
Nothing exciting to add today. :-) Thanks for visiting!
~Cynthia
My mom needed a sympathy card for a friend of her's who lost her mother this past week. Being the one-winged crafter that she is, I had to make the card for my mom until she can use her arm again!
I tried to charge her, but she wouldn't pay! ;-)
I stamped both the flower and the sentiment in Pumice Stone Distress Ink, then lightly colored in the flower, leaves and stem with watercolor pencils.
For such a simple card, it took me FOUR TRIES to get it right. The sentiment stamp left little marks of ink; I stamped the sentiment too close to the leaf; the flower stamp left errant ink marks which I tried to rub off and ruined the paper.
*sigh*
I thought Clean-And-Simple cards were supposed to be SIMPLE!!!!! OK, simple, not easy, right?? =D
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (two white cardblanks)
Stamps: Inkadinkado (Hydrangea #97151); Endless Creations (Now Creations Galore--#8143)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Pumice Stone)
ETC: Koh-I-Nor (watercolor pencils); Glue Glider Pro
Nothing exciting to add today. :-) Thanks for visiting!
~Cynthia

3 comments:
Beautiful sympathy card and I'm sure your mom will pay up one way or another! Cut the flower off the goof ups and you will have 3 more beautful cards. One layer cards are NOT easy!
very elegant, cynthia! and i know your one winged crafter appreciates you doing this for her:)
Sad cards to have to make Cynthia .. .. but very tastefully done.
What perseverance too.
Have a good weekend.
Love Jules xx
Post a Comment