Thursday, February 24, 2011

Simple Birthday


Simple Birthday
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

I can't wait until the summer sun shines again. This winter sun is too dark for pictures of my cards!! ;-)

This card is for my nephew, who is turning 13 next month. Dang...where did the years go?? He's a huge University of South Carolina Gamecock fan and I found a great Gamecock stamp the other day. (That would be that reddish blob on the left side of the card.)

I scored two lines across the card bottom, then beneath that I stamped a simple Happy Birthday.


Supplies:
Paper: The Paper Studio (kraft cardblank)
Stamps: Artful Legacy (Gamecock); Hero Arts (Classic Messages)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Fired Brick); Memento (Tuxedo Black)
ETC: ScorBuddy


Sidenote: One of my biggest problems with 2010's December Daily project was not starting soon enough. I took care of that this week. Joann Fabric and Craft is having a scrapbook supplies sale. Many items are 40% off. So I totally loaded up on some albums. One of them is from SEI's Preservation Series. It looks like a composition notebook, but it holds 8x8 topload scrapbook pages and more can be added. And it's under TWO DOLLARS. Too funny!! This will help me immensely in reducing the size (width) of the album from what I ended up with this past year. My plan is to have a Christmas in July marathon and get the pages done then. Riiiiiiiiight! ;-)

Thanks for stopping by today!

~Cynthia

1 comment:

farmhouse-story said...

you are so fun to visit, cynthia! i have best intentions of starting my dd sooner, too:)