
Trial and Error and Error and Error
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia
OK, this is the last in the series of CASE'ing the Less Is More cards.
First off, I used a larger tree stamp (in Walnut Stain Ink) on the same small clear block (in Tea Dye Ink). This was bad. You could barely see the tree. It looked like a huge brown blob.
Sadness.
So I cut that card up. Then I tried it again with different inks.
It looked like some sort of sci-fi experiment.
So I cut that card up. Then I tried it with a lighter ink and a different tree stamp.
Ahhh....much better!!!
Here I've used Antique Linen Ink on the clear block then stamped one of Michael's dollar bin stamps. I also colored the tree trunk and leaves with watercolor pencils. I added the sentiment beneath the block stamp.
Then I layered all my mistake-filled layers on a kraft cardblank and called it a day.
Supplies:
Paper: The Paper Studio (kraft cardblank); Recollections (white cardblanks)
Stamps: Hero Arts (Classic Messages set); Hampton Arts/Studio G (birthday stamp)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Antique Linen, Walnut Stain)
ETC: Artist's Loft (watercolor pencils); clear stamping block; Glue Glider Pro
Here's my shameless plug of the week:
Starting this Friday, the Great Backyard Bird Count runs through Monday. This is a fun citizen-science project run by Cornell University and Audubon. All you have to do is count the birds you see in your yard, or wherever you see birds, and post them on the GBBC website. It's free and fun! The website is www dot birdsource dot org/gbbc I've been participating for six years now and I love the competition between birdwatchers from different states and counties within states. Plus, it helps the scientists at Cornell gather huge amounts of information about bird populations and migrations. You can do as many (or as few) counts as you would like or are able to. And you don't need to be a 'professional' or 'expert' birdwatcher! Whatever you can do really does make a difference! I'm participating again this year, so I probably won't be making many cards or posting much here this weekend. Please consider participating if you can. :-)
*shameless plug end*
Happy Wednesday to ya! ;-)
~Cynthia
1 comment:
for all the trouble you went through, you ended up with a pretty card:) have fun bird watching this weekend!
Post a Comment