Thursday, February 17, 2011

Through the Gate


Through the Gate
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

I was back on Shelley Starkis' blog yesterday and she posted a beautiful card for the Jac-Inks' sketch challenge. She stamped little rabbits on a bench in front of a sunrise--and I thought it was SO CUTE!! I kinda did the same thing...without a bench or rabbits or really the hot orange sunrise she used either. Heh.

I *did* however use the idea of a large oval and some sunshine. I think mine turned out more like an English garden, early morning, with fog. What do you think?? =D

I used a Nestabilities oval die for my shape, temporarily taped the negative of that onto an ivory cardblank. I sponged yellow ink all over the oval then taped down a round die cut shape for my sun. Next I sponged some yellow, orange, and a bit of black Distress Ink all around.

I left the die cuts in place to stamp the gate and the trees (in Black Soot Distress Ink). Then I peeled those off carefully and stamped (also in Black Soot Distress Ink) my birthday sentiment below the image. (In case you haven't noticed, I LOVE LOVE LOVE that Hero Arts set--Classic Messages. The font is small and very professional looking.)

And that was it! The card doesn't look a BIT like Shelley's, but I kind of like it. =D


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (ivory cardblank)
Stamps: Stampscape (Pine Tree--196F); Hero Arts (Classic Messages set, sentiment); Art Impressions (gate: I-2450)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Dried Marigold, Orange Marmalade, Mustard Seed, Black Soot)


Have a wonderfully creative day!! And thanks for stopping by!

~Cynthia

2 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

awesome card, cynthia--i LOVE that fence!

Jules said...

Wow Cynthia .. .. this is fantastic!!!

I wish I could make something this stunning .. .. love it!!!

Love Jules xx