
Some Martha Love
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia
Yes, it's Martha Stewart time. I showed her a little love on this card.
I was hanging out on Simplicity, LateBlossom's (AKA Susan Raihala) blog, and saw some really gorgeous cards. I needed a few more Valentine's cards and thought...why not go the Clean And Simple route?
***ETA: This is so bad. Yes, I had been checking out LateBlossom's cards, but I really CASE'd Sherry Eckblad's card on her blog, Button Junkie. You know I always give credit where credit is due and I totally screwed this one up. I'M SO SORRY, SHERRY!***
First I ran the front of the card through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder. Then I wanted a little label and remembered the Calling Card Labels from Martha Stewart I had picked up on sale a while ago.
Alas, the cardblank is ivory and the calling cards are white. What to do? What to do?
When in doubt, DISTRESS IT! ;-) I picked up Fired Brick Distress Ink and colored the label. Does it not look like it CAME THAT WAY? I so love it! It's very pinkish, so cute!
Next I grabbed a Fiskars stamp set called Toss the Bouquet. Such cute little images! I used the love sentiment (not nearly as crooked in real life as it looks in this picture, promise!) and one of the little swirls. I stamped those in Fired Brick too.
Finally, I stamped Happy Valentine's Day inside the card with Fired Brick.
Done.
And happy with it.
=D
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (ivory cardblank): Martha Stewart (self-stick Calling Card Labels)
Stamps: Fiskars (Toss the Bouquet); Craft Smart (V-day sentiment, on the inside)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Fired Brick)
ETC: Cuttlebug (Swiss Dots Embossing Folder)
The sun FINALLY came out this afternoon! I always feel more like crafting when the sun is shining. I hope you find time to be creative today.
~Cynthia
2 comments:
great distressing and embossing, cynthia:)
oh, don't feel bad--i just found out i signed up for the same hop...TWICE! oops!
Post a Comment