Friday, February 11, 2011

Celebrate!


Celebrate!
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

Shamelessly copied from this week's Fall-to Layout (FTL 127) from Clean & Simple Stamping. =D

Well, OK, not exactly, but I did get the idea from them!

Once again, I find myself apologizing for the crappy photo. I don't know what happens. I took it in broad, beautiful sunlight....and I ended up with a very shadowy picture.

*sigh*

All I can say is, in real life it's darn pretty. Heh.

I cut a piece of green cardstock and ran it through the Cuttlebug with a borders embossing folder. I adhered that to the left side of the cardblank....which is totally ivory and not some funky gray color. Grrr.

Then I cut a piece of an ivory cardblank, stamped the little bouquet on it and used watercolor pencils to color the leaves and the bow. I used Bundled Sage Distress Ink on the stamp, which matched the green cardstock. The watercolor pencil is slightly lighter in color so the Bundled Sage became almost a shadow beneath the pencil color.

I added a skinny piece of purple cardstock beneath the ivory/bouquet and stamped the sentiment below it in Dusty Concord Distress Ink, which matches the purple cardstock.

Inside I stamped Happy Birthday in Dusty Concord.


Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (green and purple cardstock); Recollections (ivory cardblank)
Stamps: PSX (bouquet); Hero Arts (Birthday Messages set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Bundled Sage, Dusty Concord)
ETC: Cuttlebug (With Love embossing folder border set) (Say THAT four times real fast!!); Glue Glider Pro; Artist's Loft and Koh-I-Noor (watercolor pencils)



I finally found a bit of time to venture into the craft room today! YAY! I hope you find time to be creative too! And Happy Weekend! =D

~Cynthia

1 comment:

farmhouse-story said...

this is so pretty, cynthia! happy weekend!