Friday, February 4, 2011

Floating Hearts


Floating Hearts
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

Once again, my apologies for such a bad picture. I swear I took this photo in pure sunlight! Alas, today it's raining and there will be no picture-taking. But that means PLENTY of studio time! YAY!! ;-)

I CASE'd this from Bonnie Klass (Stamping With Klass) again. I really like her style.

I used a swirly swirl for my heart 'vine' and then used punched hearts for my 'flowers.'

I used a word tag punch and stamped the sentiment on it, using the same red cardstock and the same black ink for everything.


Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (red cardstock); Recollections (white cardblank)
Stamp: Rhonna Farrer (Swirls); Craft Smart (Valentine's sentiment)
Ink: Memento (Tuxedo Black)
ETC: McGill (Word Tag Punch); Marvy (heart punch); Glue Glider Pro


On a sadder note....yesterday I headed out to one of my favorite scrapbooking stores. I discovered that the owners are retiring/getting out while the getting is good/shutting down. I hate this. I did get some good deals, even a cool lucite shelf thing for all my Distress Inks. But I hate this. Locally-owned craft stores are always better than the big box craft stores. I hate this.

*end rant*

~Cynthia

1 comment:

farmhouse-story said...

love the hearts! i have a small scrapbook store closing its doors right now, too. its the last one in my town, too. its sad...