
Sunny Get Well
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia
I actually got a card done on time!! My friend Anna posted yesterday that she was not feeling well and I ran into my craft room and put this card together in record time! AND I EVEN MAILED IT TOO.
I am SO on top of things!!! =D
Yeah, I know...it won't last long. Heh.
I got this idea from Bonnie Klass over on her blog, Stamping With Klass. She created her own background paper using super cute nature stamps. Since I wanted a sunny card, I chose to use one stamp--a sunflower. I also used an ink that was not exactly tone-on-tone, but kinda close. I stamped the image in Rusty Hinge Distress Ink on a deep yellow cardstock.
I also stamped the sentiment in Rusty Hinge and distressed the edges of the Nestabilities oval in Rusty Hinge.
The picture doesn't show it very well, but I did add a band of sheer white ribbon beneath the oval.
It's all layered on a white cardblank.
I hope she likes it...being sick is no fun. ;-)
Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (yellow and white cardstock); Recollections (white cardblank)
Stamp: Penny Black (Flowers)
Ink: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Rusty Hinge)
ETC: Nestabilities (scalloped oval die cut); The Ribbon Boutique
Have a great day!
~Cynthia
1 comment:
i really like the bkgd stamping on this one. she'll feel better when she sees this cheerful card:)
Post a Comment