Saturday, February 12, 2011

Blue Birthday


Blue Birthday
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

Here's another card I've shamelessly CASE'd! This is from a new (to me) blog I found a few days ago. I LOVE this crafter's style! Her name is Shelley Starkis and her blog is called Shelley's Stamping Ground.

This card is also a take on the "Less Is More" blog's one layer challenge. Shelley followed their directions and used pink, black and white. I just changed Shelley's colors and made it a birthday card.

I stamped the flowers in Broken China and Tumbled Glass Distress Ink. I stamped the sentiment below the flowers, then drew a line around the images. The white on white look is pretty cool for this card.

Supplies:
Paper: Bazzill (white cardstock); Recollections (white cardblank)
Stamps: Stampin Up (Pocket Silhouettes); Hero Arts (Classic Messages)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Broken China, Tumbled Glass)
ETC: Pigment Pro (black pen); Tim Holtz Ruler; Glue Glider Pro

The beautiful sun is shining again today! I hope to get all my housework done so I can sit in the sun and craft!!! ;-) Happy Saturday to ya!

~Cynthia

1 comment:

farmhouse-story said...

such a pretty card. love the box frame-(i'd never get mine to look that great:)