Monday, February 14, 2011

Am I Blue?


Am I Blue?
Originally uploaded by HikerCynthia

This sweet little simple card is another CASE of the fabulous cardmakers over on Less Is More. This week's challenge was to make a one layer card with a flower or tree image.

I CASE'd Chrissie's card--she's one of the challenge creators.

I did mine a bit differently than hers though. I used the "ink up your clear block" technique and used it as a stamp. Then in a darker ink, I stamped the flower image slightly outside the block of color.

I guess this would be a masculine card, but the colors make me sad. Kind of like a rainy day. The card is growing on me though....


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (white cardblank)
Stamps: Inkadinkado (Garden Delight set); Hero Arts (Classic Mesages set)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Inks (Tumbled Glass, Faded Jeans)
ETC: Clear Stamp Block (Can't remember where I got it!)


Happy Monday, all! ;-)

~Cynthia

1 comment:

farmhouse-story said...

i never thought to use the block in that way--so clever!