Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Gratitude

Gratitude by HikerCynthia
Gratitude, a photo by HikerCynthia on Flickr.
OK, usual apologies for crappy photo..blah blah blah.

This card is actually growing on me. I got the new Tim Holtz Distress Ink Autumn Colors and used Ripe Persimmon for the sentiment.

It's um...really, really ORANGE.

I have no one to blame but myself, of course. I have a cute little swatch page for all my Distress Inks so I could OBVIOUSLY tell it was orange.

But like I said, it's starting to grow on me. I kind of like that it's bright and pumpkin orange and happy.

The leaves are grunge paper die cuts covered in a page from an old hymnal.

True Story: I accidentally glued the leaf to the wrong side of the music paper. I specifically chose a certain song because it had to do with praising God, which I thought would be perfect for a Thanksgiving card. I guess I didn't look closely because when I noticed my error....then noticed what words I would actually have had on the leaf...I neglected to see that the word 'hell' would have been front and center on my card.

Oooooooooh dear. Sometimes errors are a good thing, eh?? ;-)


Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (ivory cardblank); stash (hymnal pages)
Stamp: Studio G (gratitude)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Ripe Persimmon, Antique Linen, Brushed Corduroy)
ETC: Sizzix (Tim Holtz's Tattered Leaves die cuts); Tim Holtz (grunge paper); Glossy Accents



Thanks for stopping by!

~Cynthia

3 comments:

farmhouse-story said...

love reading your posts, cynthia!
cute leaves and i really like the orange:)

Jules said...

Hi Cynthia

I love music on cards .. .. sounds like you had a "happy accident" there!!!

I had musical snowflakes on some of my creations last year. Thanks for reminding me .. I might do that again.

I think the orange looks great alongside your scrummy leaves.

Love Jules xx

Bonnie said...

I like orange, especially in the Fall! And it's perfect on this card.