Another Thanksgiving card is next in line for today. This one was pretty simple. It uses one of my most favoritest stamps EVER.
The Big Wheat Stamp.
Oh sure. Hero Arts likes to *tell* you it's a Silhouette Grass stamp, but we know better, don't we? ;-)
I stamped it using Scattered Straw Distress Ink. (What other color could I use, right??) Then I cut a banner from a snippet of brown cardstock.
To give the idea of a Pilgrim's hat buckle, I chose a large piece of ivory cardstock, distressed it a bit and stamped the sentiment on it.
I adhered the buckle part off to one side to create a visual triangle between the tall wheat, the buckle and the banner tails.
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (ivory cardblank); Bazzill (ivory cardstock); K&Co Designer Mat Pad (Ocean Solid Pad)
Stamps: Hero Arts (Silhouette Grass); Stampabilities (Happy Thanksgiving 02)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Scattered Straw, Walnut Stain)
ETC: Glue Glider Pro
We're having glorious weather today--it's almost 70 degrees right now! I hope that no matter what the weather, you find time to create today! Thanks for stopping in!
~Cynthia
The Big Wheat Stamp.
Oh sure. Hero Arts likes to *tell* you it's a Silhouette Grass stamp, but we know better, don't we? ;-)
I stamped it using Scattered Straw Distress Ink. (What other color could I use, right??) Then I cut a banner from a snippet of brown cardstock.
To give the idea of a Pilgrim's hat buckle, I chose a large piece of ivory cardstock, distressed it a bit and stamped the sentiment on it.
I adhered the buckle part off to one side to create a visual triangle between the tall wheat, the buckle and the banner tails.
Supplies:
Paper: Recollections (ivory cardblank); Bazzill (ivory cardstock); K&Co Designer Mat Pad (Ocean Solid Pad)
Stamps: Hero Arts (Silhouette Grass); Stampabilities (Happy Thanksgiving 02)
Inks: Tim Holtz Distress Ink (Scattered Straw, Walnut Stain)
ETC: Glue Glider Pro
We're having glorious weather today--it's almost 70 degrees right now! I hope that no matter what the weather, you find time to create today! Thanks for stopping in!
~Cynthia

3 comments:
love the wheat and your cute banner! makes a great thanksgiving card, cynthia! its so warm here, too--i love that!
Great idea to do a "buckle" on this lovely Thanksgiving card! The contrast behind it is striking and really makes the wheat pop.
Hi Cynthia
One of my favourite stamps too.
When I bought it I was a bit worried as to whether I would get much use out of it .. .. but I do .. .. over and over again! LOL!!!
Love how you have used it here.
Love Jules xx
Post a Comment